Release Notes for Synology Storage Console for VMware
Synology Storage Console for VMware is a storage management plugin on vSphere Client that simplifies managing and monitoring multiple Synology NAS. With Storage Console installed, you will be able to take application-consistent snapshots directly from DSM. For detailed installation instructions, please refer to the tutorial.
Compatibility & Installation
- Updated to be compatible with DSM 7.2 RC.
- Added support for 2-factor authentication.
- Supports extending the storage provider certificate to ensure that VASA Provider functions properly.
- Fixed an issue where DSM couldn't take application-consistent snapshots for the datastore when some virtual machines didn't support the feature.
- Added support for VMware VASA Provider (VASA 1.0) and VM storage policy management, providing more detailed datastore status and easier management.
- Supports adding storage systems via HTTPS for better connection security.
- Added support for Synology Unified Controller.
- Supports mounting datastores, allowing users to mount existing datastores for multiple hosts more efficiently.
- The update is expected to be available in all regions within the next few days. The actual time of release may vary slightly depending on the region.
- This is the initial release of Synology Storage Console for VMware. Learn more about detailed features, specifications, and limitations here.