Build your own portfolio site
Keep your clients in the loop and your masterpieces reachable and secured with Synology Photos, the ultimate photo management solution for creative professionals.
- Have shots organized automatically, customize conditions for real-time sorting, or create folders manually.
- Boost workflow efficiency with smart filters to find specific media based on their metadata.
- Collaborate with partners or clients remotely in folder-based Shared Spaces, or share media securely with passwords and expiry dates.
- Focus on work without worrying about accidental data loss with automatic backups in the Synology Photos mobile app.
High-performance connectivity for 4K video and RAW files
Add 10GbE or faster network capability to speed up direct editing of large images and videos directly from your NAS1.
Perfect when working with large amounts of RAW files and 4K and higher resolution video projects.
Organize and collaborate
Synology Drive makes it easy to manage, view, and share your files with others.
Access files your way
You and your team can access and share files through Windows File Explorer, Mac OS Finder, a web browser, or using our mobile apps.
Granular permissions & sharing
Whether you’re sharing files with family or with hundreds of clients, manage your file shares with access rights, password protection, and time limits.
Collaboration made easy
Background file synchronization means no matter who you’re collaborating with or where you’re working from, you will always have access to the latest file versions.
IT made simple
Backing up your data and synchronizing it to another office shouldn’t be hard. Our solutions are designed to be easy to pick up while not compromising on flexibility.
Video case studies
See how content creators and post houses achieve more with Synology.
DGTL-Craft uses a DS1618+ with SSDs and 10Gb Ethernet. This allows them zero-downtime collaboration, blazing fast project offloading, and a solid working drive for demanding projects. Watch the video
See how MLC TV uses Synology’s file sharing and password protection features to streamline and simplify collaboration with clients. Watch the video
|Form Factor||Tower||Tower||Tower||2U Rackmount|
|Internal / Fully Expanded Drive Bays2||4 / 9||8 / 18||12 / 36||24 / 48 or 726|
|Workable / Raw Storage Capacity3||64 TB / 80 TB||96 TB / 128 TB||160 TB / 192 TB||337 TB / 368 TB|
|Fully Expanded Workable / Raw Storage Capacity4||192 TB / 240 TB||240 TB / 288 TB||480 TB / 576 TB||1,013 TB / 1,105 TB|
|Sequential Read / Write Performance (MB/s)5||736 / 796||2313 / 1150||4719 / 2402||4600 / 3000|
Optional 10GbE RJ-45
|3x Gigabit, 2x 10GbE RJ-45||4x Gigabit, 2x 10GbE RJ-45|
|Ideal for||Content and Portfolio Organization||1-3 Direct Video Editors||Data Consolidation for the Studio||For Larger Teams and Additional Concurrent Editors|
|Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more|
|Internal / Fully Expanded Drive Bays2||4 / 9|
|Workable / Raw Storage Capacity3||64 TB / 80 TB|
|Fully Expanded Workable / Raw Storage Capacity4||192 TB / 240 TB|
|Sequential Read / Write Performance (MB/s)5||736 / 796|
Optional 10GbE RJ-45
|Ideal for||Content and Portfolio Organization|
|Internal / Fully Expanded Drive Bays2||8 / 18|
|Workable / Raw Storage Capacity3||96 TB / 128 TB|
|Fully Expanded Workable / Raw Storage Capacity4||240 TB / 288 TB|
|Sequential Read / Write Performance (MB/s)5||2313 / 1150|
|Ideal for||1-3 Direct Video Editors|
|Internal / Fully Expanded Drive Bays2||12 / 36|
|Workable / Raw Storage Capacity3||160 TB / 192 TB|
|Fully Expanded Workable / Raw Storage Capacity4||480 TB / 576 TB|
|Sequential Read / Write Performance (MB/s)5||4719 / 2402|
|Networking||3x Gigabit, 2x 10GbE RJ-45|
|Ideal for||Data Consolidation for the Studio|
|Internal / Fully Expanded Drive Bays2||24 / 48 or 726|
|Workable / Raw Storage Capacity3||337 TB / 368 TB|
|Fully Expanded Workable / Raw Storage Capacity4||1,013 TB / 1,105 TB|
|Sequential Read / Write Performance (MB/s)5||4600 / 3000|
|Networking||4x Gigabit, 2x 10GbE RJ-45|
|Ideal for||For Larger Teams and Additional Concurrent Editors|
- On supported models only. Performance improvement will depend on system, client, and network environments. Please refer to our compatibility list for validated adapters.
- LFF = Large form factor, 3.5” drives; SFF = Small form factor, 2.5” drives
- Using 16 TB drives: RAID 5 for DS1522+, RAID 6 for DS1821+ and DS3622xs+. Using 15.36 TB drives: One storage pool with two RAID-F1 groups for FS3400. Actual capacity is dependent on configuration and size reporting methodology. Volume limitations apply.
- Using 16 TB drives: DS1522+ and DS1821+ with the maximum number of supported DX517 Expansion Unit using RAID 5 plus internal capacity. DS3622xs+ with the maximum number of supported DX1222 expansion units using RAID 6 plus internal capacity. Using 15.36 TB drives: FS3400 with the maximum number of supported RX2417sas expansion units, using one storage pool with two RAID-F1 groups each, plus internal capacity. Volume limitations apply.
- Aggregate performance over SMB access. Testing environment
- FS3400 supports two expansion units: RX1217sas (12x LFF) or RX2417sas (24x SFF)