Secure Wi-Fi for Small Business
Simple, automatic setup
The old, complex way of configuring Wi-Fi controllers and APs can be overkill in many environments. Leveraging the latest mesh Wi-Fi technology, you can now create a network that self-configures, self-manages, and self-optimizes, automatically giving you the best route to the Internet.
- Flexible deployment options : Cut the clutter and expensive cabling costs by having the Wi-Fi points connect wirelessly with each other, or use Ethernet connection wherever cabling is in place to ensure the highest throughput. Daisy chain support helps you extend coverage effectively across floors.
- A smartphone to get the network up and running : Setting up an Internet connection on the primary RT2600ac and adding additional MR2200ac can be easily done with a mobile app.1 Future management and monitoring, too.
- Scale as your business grows : When the company expands its workspace, simply add more MR2200ac and see they apply the network configuration to themselves. Up to 7 nodes per network is recommended. 2
The next level of Wi-Fi experience
Say goodbye to dropped signals, spotty connections, and fragmented networks created by multiple routers and access points. Let uninterrupted Internet access bring you happier customers and employees.
Higher customer satisfaction & safer networks
Great in-store Wi-Fi is an effective way to keep customers coming back. Set up separate networks for employees and guests – it not only secures access to internal servers and point-of-sale systems but also lets you market to your customers better.
- Staff network : Among the first Wi-Fi routers to support the state-of-the-art WPA3™, Synology RT2600ac and MR2200ac offer better defenses against attacks.5 Companies that require Wi-Fi authentication via employees' own credentials can install a RADIUS server for free.
- Guest network : Use a Wi-Fi marketing splash page to promote your brand. Remember to keep them safe: support for Wi-Fi Enhanced Open™ (OWE) automatically encrypts communications in an “open” network to prevent eavesdropping and future disputes.
Business-grade security at no additional cost
Synology comes with a full-featured security system for network-wide traffic monitoring and threat response, helping even smaller companies defend themselves against malicious attacks and data breaches (tax records, payroll, customer data, etc.).
With intrusion prevention technology, RT2600ac is capable of scanning the network traffic for malicious packets and automatically dropping them once identified, while Synology's optimization allows it to deliver stellar throughput.6 This is backed by several threat intelligence databases that block access to dangerous domains and IPs.
To enforce company-wide Internet usage policy, access to social media, gaming, or adult websites can be blocked and logged using customized profiles. Retail stores can also limit staff access to white-listed domains, such as the corporate website and email.
Bandwidth control & visibility
Use device- and application-based control to prioritize business-critical apps like VoIP and throttle non-productive ones. Traffic monitoring and reporting features then help you analyze network usage and identify rogue devices – even remotely with a mobile app.
VPN for remote offices & employees
Whether it's employees on the road or working from home, or external freelancers doing auditing or design projects, Synology VPN Plus provides the increasingly mobile workforce with secure remote access to internal systems. Branch offices of a larger corporation can also connect their networks with the headquarters' via site-to-site IPsec VPN, making resource sharing across different locations a breeze.7
- Currently, RT2600ac can serve as the primary Wi-Fi point, while MR2200ac can be the primary Wi-Fi point or extend the signal of another RT2600ac/MR2200ac.
- Based on real-world test results. The coverage may vary depending on the number and placement of units.
- Also depends on client support of the roaming standards.
- Check the compatibility list for supported models.
- Client support for WPA3™ is required for compatibility.
- External storage is required.
- Access by one concurrent user account to SSL VPN and WebVPN is free. For site-to-site VPN, a one-month free trial is available. To add more user accounts or unlock the site-to-site VPN feature, please refer to Client VPN Access License and Site-to-Site VPN License.
- Please note that the figures marked in asterisks are derived from the Synology lab by using high-performance client computers with optimized network settings, and could vary in different environments.