Mesh Wi-Fi for Small Business
"With its reliable performance and granular traffic/IP management features, Synology’s mesh system has helped us solve all the Wi-Fi challenges we faced in our staff dormitory." Learn moreChen Yong-Qi, IT Manager, Grand Mayfull Hotel Taipei
"The kindergarten cannot be a media-free room. We therefore looked to Synology to help us set up a wireless network so we could best prepare our children for the digital future." Learn moreChen Yong-Qi, IT Manager, Grand Mayfull Hotel Taipei
"In a fast-paced hotel environment, communication is essential for smooth operations. The RT2600ac and MR2200ac routers have provided a reliable Wi-Fi environment, enabling our staff to always be connected no matter where they are. With solid communication in place, we can focus on what matters the most, providing an unforgettable experience for our guests." Learn moreRyan Rianto, Director
Simple, automatic setup
The old, complex way of configuring Wi-Fi controllers and APs can be overkill in many environments. Leveraging the latest mesh Wi-Fi technology, you can now create a network that self-configures, self-manages, and self-optimizes, automatically giving you the best route to the Internet.
- Flexible deployment options : Cut the clutter and expensive cabling costs by having the Wi-Fi points connect wirelessly with each other, or use Ethernet connection wherever cabling is in place to ensure the highest throughput. Daisy chain support helps you extend coverage effectively across floors.
- A smartphone to get the network up and running : Setting up an Internet connection on the primary RT2600ac and adding additional MR2200ac can be easily done with a mobile app.1 Future management and monitoring, too.
- Scale as your business grows : When the company expands its workspace, simply add more MR2200ac and see they apply the network configuration to themselves. Up to 7 nodes per network is recommended. 2
The next level of Wi-Fi experience
Say goodbye to dropped signals, spotty connections, and fragmented networks created by multiple routers and access points. Let uninterrupted Internet access bring you happier customers and employees.
Higher customer satisfaction & safer networks
Great in-store Wi-Fi is an effective way to keep customers coming back. Set up separate networks for employees and guests – it not only secures access to internal servers and point-of-sale systems but also lets you market to your customers better.
- Staff network : Among the first Wi-Fi routers to support the state-of-the-art WPA3™, Synology RT2600ac and MR2200ac offer better defenses against attacks.5 Companies that require Wi-Fi authentication via employees' own credentials can install a RADIUS server for free.
- Guest network : Use a Wi-Fi marketing splash page to promote your brand. Remember to keep them safe: support for Wi-Fi Enhanced Open™ (OWE) automatically encrypts communications in an “open” network to prevent eavesdropping and future disputes.
Business-grade security at no additional cost
Synology comes with a full-featured security system for network-wide traffic monitoring and threat response, helping even smaller companies defend themselves against malicious attacks and data breaches (tax records, payroll, customer data, etc.).
With intrusion prevention technology, RT2600ac is capable of scanning the network traffic for malicious packets and automatically dropping them once identified, while Synology's optimization allows it to deliver stellar throughput.6 This is backed by several threat intelligence databases that block access to dangerous domains and IPs.
To enforce company-wide Internet usage policy, access to social media, gaming, or adult websites can be blocked and logged using customized profiles. Retail stores can also limit staff access to white-listed domains, such as the corporate website and email.
Bandwidth control & visibility
Use device- and application-based control to prioritize business-critical apps like VoIP and throttle non-productive ones. Traffic monitoring and reporting features then help you analyze network usage and identify rogue devices – even remotely with a mobile app.
VPN for remote offices & employees
Whether it's employees on the road or working from home, or external freelancers doing auditing or design projects, Synology VPN Plus provides the increasingly mobile workforce with secure remote access to internal systems. Branch offices of a larger corporation can also connect their networks with the headquarters' via site-to-site IPsec VPN, making resource sharing across different locations a breeze.7
- Currently, RT2600ac can serve as the primary Wi-Fi point, while MR2200ac can be the primary Wi-Fi point or extend the signal of another RT2600ac/MR2200ac.
- Based on real-world test results. The coverage may vary depending on the number and placement of units.
- Also depends on client support of the roaming standards.
- Check the compatibility list for supported models.
- Client support for WPA3™ is required for compatibility.
- External storage is required.
- Access by one concurrent user account to SSL VPN and WebVPN is free. For site-to-site VPN, a one-month free trial is available. To add more user accounts or unlock the site-to-site VPN feature, please refer to Client VPN Access License and Site-to-Site VPN License.
Wide Area Network (WAN) support
- Internet connection types include static IP, PPPoE, DHCP client and DS-Lite
- VPN connection types include PPTP, OpenVPN, and L2TP over IPSec
- Supports network load-balance and fail-over
- Access the Internet via 3G/4G dongle (compatibility list)
- Access the Internet via USB Tethering (compatibility list)
Local Area Network (LAN) support
- Supports DHCP reservation with DHCP server
- Supports static network routing and policy network routing
- Supports IPv4 forwarding with UPnP protocol and static rules
- Supports DMZ hosting, port forwarding, and port triggering rules
- Fully control the Internet access by device
- Application layer QoS by device
- Supports traffic monitor for network traffic live view
- Supports traffic reports to keep track of network access trends
- Connection types include native IPv6, 6in4, 6to4, 6rd, DS-Lite, DHCPv6-PD, IPv6 Relay (pass-through) and FLET’s IPV6 Service
- IPv6 auto configuration includes SLAAC, DHCPv6 and SLAAC + DHCPv6
IPTV / VoIP
- Supports VLAN tag customization
- Supports IGMP snooping and IGMP proxy
Other Network Services
- DNS Server
- DNS Relay
- Wireless Router mode
- Wireless Access Point mode (AP mode)
- Wireless Client mode (only supported on RT1900ac)
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS, only supported on RT2600ac)
- Network status monitor includes real-time statuses and transmission rates of your Wi-Fi, Guest Network, Wi-Fi points, and connected devices
- Supports flexible tri-band configurations (only available on MR2200ac)
- Supports band steering and roaming
- Supports security standards including Wi-Fi Enhanced Open (OWE), WEP, WPA/WPA2-Personal, WPA/WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2-Personal, WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2/WPA3-Personal, WPA3-Personal and WPA3-Enterprise (only available on RT2600ac & MR2200ac)
- Supports DFS channels by country
- Supports 802.11k, 802.11v, 802.11r (only available on RT2600ac & MR2200ac)
- Supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Wi-Fi Point (only available on RT2600ac & MR2200ac)
- Supports additional and removable Wi-Fi points in the network
- Centralized Wi-Fi system management
- Supports network topology to monitor the Wi-Fi system as a whole
- Supports transmission tests between the primary Wi-Fi point and other Wi-Fi points
- Provides real-time Wi-Fi transmission rates of all Wi-Fi points
- Provides transmission rates from connected devices to each Wi-Fi point
Guest Network support
- Supports Wi-Fi portal page customization
- Supports network access scheduling
- Supports password rotation
- Supports smart connect
- Allow or block devices with the corresponding MAC addresses
- Supports malware detection and removal
- Supports security scans for account and password, network, and system
- Supports version checks for SRM and installed packages
- Supports access allowance and denial of selected ports or services on specific IP addresses
- Supports geographical firewall rules
- Internet access can be disabled for connected devices
- Supports traffic control of services and TCP/UDP ports
- Supports DDoS protection
- Supports VPN pass-through
- Supports access block after a specified number of attempts
- Supports customization of expiration time
- Supports black and white list
- Supports User Profile to manage specific connected devices
- Supports Network Profile to manage the connected devices in your local and guest network
- Supports Internet access time management with Internet Schedule, Time Quota, Pause, and Rewards
- Supports Access Request for users to ask permission to browse specific websites
- Supports Web Filter to protect users from inappropriate websites
- Supports Safe Search on Google, Bing, and YouTube
- Integrates up-to-date Google Safe Browsing and the Threat Intelligence Database to ensure Internet security
- Supports Internet usage reports
- Learn more about how to enable Google Safe Browsing here.
- Supports network invasions detection
- Supports self-defined class and signature policy
- Supports details of malicious events
- Supports scheduled signature updates
- Supports notifications via Email, SMS, and push notification services
- Supports auto-drop of high-risk packets
- Supports geographical distribution of malicious sources
- Supports limitation of storage usage of log files
- Support the configuration of backup and restoration
VPN Plus Server
- Supports VPN services including WebVPN, SSL VPN, SSTP, OpenVPN, L2TP over IPSec, and PPTP
- Supports portal page customization for WebVPN
- Supports split tunnel for SSL VPN
- Client application support for SSL VPN
- Synology SSL VPN Client (for Windows/macOS/Linux)
- VPN Plus mobile app (for iOS/Android)
- Supports Dead Peer Detection (DPD), Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS), and DNSSEC Validation for Site-to-Site VPN
- Supports Remote Desktop
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is supported in Windows 10 Enterprise (Professional), Windows 8.1 Enterprise (Professional), Windows 7 Enterprise (Professional)
- Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is supported in macOS 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13, along with the application support in TightVNC and XVNC.
- Supports real-time monitoring and connection management
- Supports traffic reports for activated VPN services
- Supports permission settings to allow VPN connections for selected users and groups
- Client VPN Access License: One free license has been installed on each VPN Plus
- Site-to-Site VPN License: Each VPN Plus supported Synology product is eligible for a one-time 30-day free trial
- Check the maximum connections for different models
- Master and slave zones
- Forward and reverse domain resolution
- NS, A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, SPF, SRV, TXT, PTR records
- TSIG (Transfer Signature) keys
- Split-horizon DNS
- Events per second: 50-3000
- Historical log activity chart
- Archiving logs by specified time, number of logs, the data size, and different hosts
- Download archives as HTML or CSV files
- Proactive email notification according to log severity or specified keywords
- Customize log transferring protocol
- Customized log formats
- Advanced log search engine
- SSL connection
- Log rotation: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year
- Supported Protocols: PAP,MS-CHAP,PEAP,EAP-MSCHAPv2,EAP-TTLS
- Please note that the figures marked in asterisks are derived from the Synology lab by using high-performance client computers with optimized network settings, and could vary in different environments.