Synology® announces new SA3610 & SA3410 for scalable, petabyte-level storage
Bellevue, WA (May, 3 2023)— Synology announced today the launch of the SA3610 and SA3410, two highly scalable storage systems that allow organizations to store large data volumes without sacrificing speed and performance. Starting at 12 drive bays each, businesses can scale all the way to 96 drive bays1 for a total of 1.7 PB of raw storage capacity.2 Capable performers, the new models make for powerful central backup, surveillance, and file servers.
"With stable, high throughput, and plenty of capacity, the new units are perfect for handling large data volumes, including simultaneous backups, archiving, surveillance recordings, or video serving and storage," said Michael Wang, product manager at Synology Inc. "For these applications it can be difficult to estimate future storage needs, but with the SA Series, businesses can start small and expand whenever their data growth demands it."
Reliable and dependable
The new SA3610 and SA3410 support demanding applications with more than 6,200/3,000 MB/s sequential read/write speeds,3 support for 10/25/40GbE and Fibre Channel networking (2 x 10GbE RJ-45 included), as well as network bonding and SMB Multichannel support. Hybrid storage arrays can be set up as a cost-efficient solution to cut down I/O speeds and latency on HDD volumes, with SSD volumes acting as read/write cache.4
Remote management solutions such as a dedicated out-of-band (OOB) management port, central management through Synology CMS, and cloud-powered remote monitoring with Active Insight help reduce administrative overhead, while hardware redundancy and active-passive clustering through Synology High Availability work to maximize service uptime.
A versatile data platform
All Synology SA series systems include a suite of reliable file management, sharing, and syncing solutions for business. Synology Drive allows for anywhere access for file management and sharing tools on PCs, Macs, and mobile devices. Connecting and syncing data between devices help remote teams and offices to stay on the same page.
Synology Drive ShareSync can be leveraged to distribute files to servers around the world and sync data back to company headquarters, or teams can keep multiple sites in sync using less bandwidth and storage by leveraging the power of the cloud. With Hybrid Share,5 all shared data is saved to Synology C2 Storage data centers to be accessed on demand, while frequently accessed files are cached locally on Synology systems for access at LAN speeds.
Learn more about file management
Comprehensive data protection built-in
Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) offers powerful solutions to back up PCs, servers, VMs, and SaaS applications. Active Backup Suite allows organizations to consolidate backups of Windows clients and servers, Linux endpoints, Synology systems, VMware® and Hyper-V® virtual machines, as well as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace onto the SA3610 or SA3410, while managing all backup tasks through a centralized management console.
Bare-metal and file-level restoration options are available for physical devices, while VMs can temporarily be restored to a built-in hypervisor to minimize service downtime. Block-level data deduplication can significantly reduce storage use, while incremental backups minimize backup time and bandwidth use.
Local snapshots enable the protection of files and LUNs against accidents and external threats, such as ransomware attacks, while minimizing storage use and RTOs. All Synology data management solutions feature comprehensive system and file backup capabilities for secure backup onto other Synology systems or a cloud storage service.
Learn more about data protection
Private video surveillance
Synology's Surveillance Station is a powerful VMS designed for businesses that is currently protecting over 500,000 sites. Flexible ONVIF support and over 8,300 validated IP cameras make deployment simple and easy to adjust to each location's requirements. Up to 128 IP cameras can be added to each SA3610 and SA3410 unit,6 and multiple servers can easily be monitored, managed, and backed up through a built-in central management system.
Learn more about Surveillance Station
|CPU||Intel® Xeon® D-1567 12-core||Intel® Xeon® D-1541 8-core|
|Sequential read/write||6,275/3,056 MB/s||6,283/3,023 MB/s|
|Random read/write IOPS||450,814/122,675||336,224/116,518|
|Max. memory||128 GB DDR4|
|Max. expansion||96 drive bays (7 x RX1222sas)|
|Ethernet||5 x 1GbE RJ-45 |
2 x 10GbE RJ-45
|PCIe slots||2 x PCIe 3.0 x8 slot, x8 lanes|
|External ports||2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports |
1 x Expansion port (Mini-SAS HD)
|Out-of-band management port||Available|
The SA3610 and SA3410 are available today from Synology resellers.
1. The SA3610 and SA3410 support up to 96 drives with seven Synology RX1222sas expansion units, sold separately.
2. Volumes between 200 TB and 1 PB make use of the Btrfs (Peta Volume) file system and support a limited selection of applications, services, and configurations. Snapshot Replication, shared folder encryption, file compression, and other functions are not available for volumes over 200 TB. For more information and restrictions, refer to this article.
3. Performance figures are obtained through internal testing by Synology. Actual performance may vary depending on the testing environment, usage, and configuration. See performance charts for more information.
4. SSD cache can be enabled by using Synology SAT5200 Series 2.5" SSDs or without occupying drive bays by installing Synology SNV3500 Series NVMe SSDs with M2D20 or E10M20-T1 adapter cards. All devices are sold separately.
5. C2 Storage for Hybrid Share requires purchase of an eligible annual or monthly subscription. A free trial is available for each newly registered device.
6. Up to 128 IP cameras are supported on a single SA3410 or SA3610 server with Synology Surveillance Station. Up to 10,000 cameras can be managed per deployment by adding more recording servers with Surveillance Station CMS. Surveillance Station includes 2 free licenses. Connecting more cameras and devices requires additional licenses. Learn more
7. The warranty period starts from the date of purchase as stated on your purchase receipt. Read more here.
Synology at a glance
Staying at the forefront of data management, Synology innovates and adapts to ever-evolving technologies, and continues bringing new possibilities to the table, including but not limited to solutions for data storage and backup, file collaboration, video management, and network infrastructure – all designed with one goal in mind – presenting a centralized platform to simplify IT administration while driving digital transformation for businesses worldwide.