DSM 6.1 RC
Your Evolving NAS OS
DSM is constantly evolving to help your business tackle new challenges. This time, it delivers better IT efficiency with Active Directory Server, enhances performance with instant SMB server-side copy, ensures reliability with file self-healing, provides stability and security enhancements, and more.
Active Directory Server
Instant SMB server-side copy
Time Machine on macOS
- Package Center auto-repair: If some packages become broken after a DSM upgrade and require an update, DSM can now automatically fix them during the upgrade to ensure the entire process is smooth.
- DSM code sign: Much like your phone is able to block applications from untrusted sources, your Synology NAS can also block DSM patches that don't match the right sign code, adding an extra layer of security to your stored data.
- SMB 4.4 upgrade for sparse file support, saving space while archiving image files of virtual machines.
- Now available on Intel based XS and XS+ Synology NAS models.
- Make sure to consult the applied models list in the package notes to confirm these features are compatible with your NAS.
Want to join the Beta Program?
See compatibility, installation, and release notes