Access your network without VPN client
- Enter an internal URL to reach your company's private website.
- The administrator can set up the company's internal web-based services in "Default" for staff access.
- Users can keep websites in "Starred" for future access.
A simple and stable VPN protocol
Lightweight clients available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
TLS 1.2/1.3 support keeps all your data securely encrypted during transit.
Supports the ChaCha cipher for up to 47% faster connection speeds compared to AES-256.1
Web-based Remote Desktop client
Maintain administrative control
Hosting Remote Desktop on your router allows you to centrally administrate client connections.2
Validated by Microsoft® Azure™
Synology routers are certified to work with Azure VPN gateways. This allows you to set up hybrid solutions combining on-premises and virtual networks in the cloud. Learn more
Monitor and manage your deployment
Identify network traffic anomalies and suspicious users.
Bandwidth control & block list
Optimize network traffic and keep critical resources from unwanted access.
Inspect previous user connections and data usage.
Configuration & connection logs
View and export logs for regular auditing.
Active Directory and LDAP support
Support for authentication through AD and LDAP ensures seamless integration with a company's existing account system.
IT administrators can easily identify abnormal employee usage by monitoring usage statistics of all active users.
IT administrators will be able to analyze visitor distributions with the top 10 visited domains through the WebVPN service.
See the bandwidth usage of each VPN service and individual Site-to-Site VPN tunnels to make tracking easier for IT administrators.
Comprehensive protocol support
L2TP over IPSec
- Tested by Synology using a Synology RT2600ac router and Windows client devices. Performance increase was measured using TLS 1.3 with ChaCha cipher suite versus AES-256 in LAN to WAN traffic throughput. Real performance may vary depending on your network conditions, equipment, or other factors.
- Remote Desktop supports Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Virtual Network Computing (VNC) sessions.
- Activation of a free Site-to-Site VPN License is required. For the maximum number of Site-to-Site VPN tunnels, please refer to the product's specifications. Maximum throughput of 800 Mbps is only reachable with Site-to-Site VPN tunnel configured between two RT6600ax units.