Synology® Announces Winners of DSM 5.2 Beta Reward Program
Taipei, Taiwan—May 13, 2015—Synology® Inc. today announced the winners of the DSM 5.2 Beta Reward Program, an event inviting DiskStation and RackStation users to participate in beta testing and provide feedback to collectively create the best NAS experience.
Synology received great ideas and bug reports from users all around the world. Among all the participants, three people stood out for the amount and quality of their help. Synology is happy to send each of them a new DiskStation. They shared with us their experience regarding beta testing and their point of view on Synology:
G. Van Haren from the Netherlands: "I have been using Synology products since DSM 3.0. Each time I update to a new version, I'm looking forward to seeing new features Synology made to increase convenience. Their forum is always very accessible and provides a good entrance point for newcomers. I currently manage over 30 Synology systems for SME with over 100 users and everyone is satisfied. I hope Synology will continue on this path for many years."
J. Forrest from the USA: "The Synology DSM experience is one of a kind. Their NAS is very responsive on multiple platforms, with very low maintenance. For me, one of the most exciting events is when DSM Betas come out and I get to see all the amazing new features. Synology always comes out with a strong list of improvements and provides remarkable technical support. The utmost important quality for me is Synology's ability to provide a highly secure system; with quick turnarounds for patching security vulnerabilities."
D. Mikelson from the USA: "I applaud the Synology DSM Beta program as a strong demonstration of the team's commitment to excellence. The DiskStation easily bests other solutions I've used and new features are well thought out and executed. It meets so many of my needs—media server, file server, home surveillance and backup solution for my devices. Add to that the mobile apps and QuickConnect features that are great when you're on the go."
Synology DSM 5.2 is free to download for users who own a DiskStation, RackStation or Embedded DataStation 10-series and onward. Supported models include:
- 15-series: RS815(RP)+, RS815, DS3615xs, DS2415+, DS2015xs, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS1515, DS415+, DS415play, DS215j, DS115, DS115j
- 14-series: RS3614xs+, RS3614(RP)xs, RS2414(RP)+, RS814(RP)+, RS814, RS214, DS414, DS414j, DS414slim, DS214+, DS214, DS214play, DS214se, DS114, EDS14
- 13-series: RS10613xs+, RS3413xs+, DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, DS413, DS413j, DS213+, DS213, DS213air, DS213j
- 12-series: RS3412(RP)xs, RS2212(RP)+, RS812(RP)+, RS812, RS212, DS3612xs, DS1812+, DS1512+, DS712+, DS412+, DS212+, DS212, DS212j, DS112+, DS112, DS112j
- 11-series: RS3411(RP)xs, RS2211(RP)+, RS411, DS3611xs, DS2411+, DS1511+, DS411+II, DS411+, DS411, DS411j, DS411slim, DS211+, DS211, DS211j, DS111
- 10-series: DS1010+, RS810+, RS810RP+, DS410, DS410j, DS710+, DS210+, DS210j, DS110+, DS110j
Please note DiskStation Manager 5.2 will be the last major DSM release for 10-series models, which were originally released five years ago or earlier.
Synology at a Glance
Synology creates network attached storage and IP surveillance solutions that transform the way users manage data and conduct surveillance in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, and implement professional surveillance solutions in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.