Installing Active Backup for Office 365
IMPORTANT: Please read the following before installing this beta software.
For evaluation only - This beta software is for evaluation purposes only and should not be installed on critical equipment or in production environments. We strongly recommend reading the Release notes section before installing it. Synology cannot be held responsible for any damages, such as accidental data loss, caused by this beta software.
Not downgradable - After installation of this beta application, you will not be able to downgrade to a previous official version of this software.
To install the beta software on your Synology NAS
- Log in to DSM using an account belonging to the administrators group.
- Open Package Center.
- Now you should be able to find and install packages that currently have a beta version available and compatible with your Synology NAS for public testing.
- Remember to click from Installed > Feedback to help us out and report any issues or suggestions.
- 18-series: RS2818RP+, RS3618xs, FS1018, DS3018xs, DS418play, RS818RP+, RS818+, DS918+, DS718+, DS218+
- 17-series: FS3017, FS2017, RS4017xs+, RS3617xs, RS3617RPxs, DS3617xs, RS3617xs+, RS18017xs+, DS1817+, DS1517+
- 16-series: RS2416RP+, RS2416+, RS18016xs+, DS416play, DS916+, DS716+II, DS716+, DS216+II, DS216+
- 15-series: DS3615xs, RC18015xs+, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, RS815RP+, RS815+, DS415+
- 14-series: RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RS3614xs+, RS2414RP+, RS2414+, RS814RP+, RS814+
- 13-series: DS2413+, RS3413xs+, RS10613xs+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+
- 12-series: DS3612xs, RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, RS2212RP+, RS2212+, DS1812+, DS1512+, RS812RP+, RS812+, DS412+, DS712+
- 11-series: DS3611xs, DS2411+, RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, RS2211RP+, RS2211+, DS1511+, DS411+II, DS411+
- Other: VirtualDSM, DDSM
- Supports backing up Office 365 mail, contacts, and calendar services.
- Supports granular restoration of mail, mail attachments, contacts, calendar events, and calendar attachments.
- Supports content search for filtering out emails, mail attachments, contacts, calendars, and calendar attachments that contains search keywords.
- Supports previewing email content and detailed contact info.
- Supports exporting mail, contacts, and calendar data in the eml, csv, and ics formats respectively.
- Supports continuous, manual, and scheduled backup for mail, contacts, and calendar protection.
- Supports account discovery for mail, contacts, and calendar protection.
- Supports single instancing for mail and calendar attachments.
- Enriched the design of the overview page and Active Backup for Office 365 Portal.
- Fixed an issue where a backup file might not inherit the permission settings of its parent folder.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a renamed folder might cause backup failure in the next backup run.
- Fixed an issue where backup might fail when Office 365 is responding to too many requests.
- Fixed an issue where backup destination folders might still be created for users even when they are not backed up.
- Fixed an issue where the system might not detect drive data for backup when only the sharing permission of the data is modified.
- Changed the notification-sending rule for continuous backup by only notifying users of failed tasks.