Release Notes for Synology NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI
To enable VMware VAAI on your NFS datastores, you need to install Synology NFS Plug-in on each ESXi host. Synology NFS Plug-in can be installed directly on an ESXi server from the command line, or through the VMware Update Manager (VUM). For detailed instructions, please refer to the README file.
- Supports VMware ESXi 6.7.
- Fixed an issue where patch files cannot be uploaded via VUM.
- Fixed an issue where the VAAI functions may fail when mount path is not complete.
- Added support for "Native Snapshot Support" that could increase the I/O performance of VMware Horizon View with Btrfs volumes.
- Fixed an issue where files might be lost while performing vMotion among NAS on vSphere 6.0 or later.
- Fixed an issue where copying virtual machines with vSphere might fail while a non-Synology NFS volume is mounted.
- ''--no-sig-check'' is required in the command line to install the plug-in on VMware vSphere 5.x or later.
- This is the initial release of NFS plug-in for VMware VAAI.