Data resiliency and protection
- Shared Folders2
Performance and efficiency
Container Manager (formerly Docker)
- New name and user experience
- Add and manage multi-container applications from the UI (Docker Compose)
- Update and clean up containers more conveniently
- Now available on: DS420j, DS223
- New support for WebP and motion photos (Android)
- Improved user experience for albums
- Global file locking helps prevent file conflicts across connected Synology systems
- Files requested at other sites are prioritized for syncing to C2 Storage
- More detailed logging aids administration
WriteOnce and Immutable Snapshots availability: https://sy.to/wormmodels.
Encrypted Shared Folders and Hybrid Share Folders currently not supported.
Volume encryption availability: https://sy.to/encryptedvolkb
Requires compatible Synology SNV3400/3500 Series NVMe SSDs.
Tested with data from 32 VMs configured as servers, totaling 1.52 TB, and 12 Synology SATA SSDs.
Comparing full system backup using Hyper Backup against creating separate file, LUN, and package backup tasks. Tested on DS923+ with 5.3TB of data (95% <4MB), comparing initial backup speeds. Subsequent backup speed improvements may be higher.