Synology® Unveils FS6400, FS3400, SA3400, and DS620slim, Completing the Product Portfolio for Different Demands to Facilitate Data Management
Unleash IT transformation with performance, storage capacity, and physical size that matter to midsize and large businesses
MILTON KEYNES, United Kingdom — July 25, 2019 — Synology Inc. today launched FS6400, FS3400, SA3400, and DS620slim, refining the product portfolio to resolve IT challenges from IO density, storage capacity, and physical dimensions of the server. These models are successors to the existing ones with a name change in the product series to better distinguish among high-end rackmount servers.
"Synology renews the product portfolio for high-end models to offer more options tailored to demands from various business workloads," said Jason Fan, Product Manager at Synology Inc. "When it comes to data management, performance and capacity are two central concerns facing businesses. Therefore, we developed the FS and SA series to address these specific concerns from IT administration, taking data management to new levels of flexibility and efficiency. All these are to eliminate storage silos and enable businesses to realize the potential value of their important data."
FlashStation FS6400: The accelerated storage for every workload
FS6400 is armed with dual Intel® Xeon® Silver 8-core processors, delivering over 240,000 iSCSI 4K random write IOPS and responding to the demand for higher performance and greater business agility. The new all-flash storage FS6400 is ideal for your virtualized and containerized environments, databases, and web-based applications, building a data-centric architecture that realizes storage acceleration.
- Scalability: Up to 48 drives with two RX1217sas, or 72 drives with two RX2417sas
- Memory: 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM, expandable up to 512GB
- 10GbE built-in: 2 x 10GbE and 2 x 1GbE Ethernet ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation
- PCIe expansion: 2 x PCIe 3.0 slots for additional network interface cards
- Performance: Over 240,000 iSCSI 4K random write IOPS
SA3400: Highly scalable storage for large-scale businesses
SA3400, the first model in the SA series, serves as the successor of RS18017xs+ with an upgraded CPU from 6 to 8 cores and a 50% performance boost in 4K random read IOPS. Equipped with an 8-core, 2.1 GHz CPU and 16GB ECC RDIMM memory and scalable up to 1,536TB with little to unnoticeable performance degradation, SA3400 provides more than 1 petabyte raw capacity, ideal for video post-production and massive surveillance deployment.
- Scalability: Up to 180 drives with 7 x RX2417sas, or 96 drives with 7 x RX1217sas
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM, expandable up to 128GB
- 10GbE built-in: 2 x 10GbE and 4 x 1GbE Ethernet ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation
- PCIe expansion: 2 x PCIe slots for additional network interface cards
- Performance: Over 5,520 MB/s sequential throughput and 304,277 random IOPS
DS620slim: Simplified storage with boosted performance and palm-sized appearance
Powered by Intel® Celeron® J3355 2-core processor and 2GB DDR3L memory expandable up to 6GB, DS620slim is a unique, modern-looking 6-bay NAS packed with Synology's classic capabilities. For modern households and studios looking for extraordinary streaming experience, DS620slim is an ideal choice to deliver 4K video transcoding while matching perfectly with your existing decor.
- Compact design: Mini design with the dimensions of 121 x 151 x 175 mm, flexible to fit in anywhere
- Excellent encryption performance: Over 226 MB/s and 198 MB/s sequential reading and writing
- RAID flexibility: Flexible in a variety of RAID configurations to realize maximum 30TB raw capacity or better data protection with RAID 5/6/10
- SSD cache support: Further enhance storage performance with SSD read/write cache while still having abundant drive bays for data storage
- Network: Dual 1GbE LAN ports for network failover and Link Aggregation
Synology at a glance
Synology creates network-attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and manage networks in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage networks in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.