- Add support for DSM 6.0
- Replace separate Intel 32-bit and 64-bit downloads with a single Intel download
- On ARM models, check that the Java7 or Java8 package has been upgraded to Oracle Java
- Ensure the service configuration file is removed if an update install fails
- Fix message about port 9790 used by another service or reserved for system
- Remove incorrect empty "start error" message written to the system log
- Remove message when stopping MinimServer and it has already been stopped
- Add workaround for DSM 6.0 servicetool error "install configue file fail"
- Add support for command scripting and a Web API
- Create MinimServer/appData/opt/bin directory for optional extensions
New features in this release are highlighted as [NEW] in the User guide sections that describe them.
If MinimServer is running on a device that has an internet connection, it automatically downloads and installs any available updates when it is started or relaunched. This behaviour can be changed by setting the new .autoUpdate property. For more information, see the Automatic updates section of the User guide.
The sort direction of album lists and folder item lists can be customized independently from the sort direction of other lists by adding a '+' or '-' prefix to tag names in the sortTags option. For more information, see the Tag options section of the User guide.
If you are running MinimServer on a Linux computer with a graphical desktop, you can enable desktop integration to monitor and control MinimServer using a graphical interface. For more information, see the Running MinimServer on Linux section of the User guide.
On Linux, if you start MinimServer from its desktop icon, from the minimserver/bin/startd command or by enabling automatic startup, MinimServer creates a named pipe that can be used to send console commands to MinimServer whenever MinimServer is running. For more information, see the Running MinimServer on Linux section of the User guide.
On Linux, the minimserver/bin/setup command has new options to enable and disable automatic startup and desktop integration without neeeding to respond to interactive prompts. For more information, see the Installing MinimServer on Linux section of the User guide.
MinimServer 0.8.3 requires Java 7 or later. If you are currently using Java 6 to run MinimServer, you need to update to Java 7 or Java 8. For more information, see the MinimServer installation instructions for the platform you are using to run MinimServer.
On Mac OS X, MinimServer 0.8.3 requires OS X Lion (10.7) or later. If you are currently using Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) to run MinimServer, you need to update to a later version of OS X. For more information, see the Installing or updating MinimServer on Mac OS X section of the User guide.
On Mac OS X, the 32-bit version of MinimServer is no longer available. This means MinimServer 0.8.3 won't run on Core Duo machines made in 2006 or 2007. MinimServer 0.8.3 runs on Core 2 Duo machines and on all Macs made in 2008 or later.
The updateReminder property has been renamed to .updateReminder. Existing configurations will be migrated automatically. For more information, see the Online updates section of the User guide.
The numericSort property has been removed. MinimServer 0.8.3 always uses numeric sorting. For more information, see the Numeric sorting section of the User guide.
Bug fixes and minor changes
Read files with UTF-8 characters in filename if platform charset is US-ASCII
Show error message if file can't be read because of filename charset mismatch
Fix crash when reading invalid XML sent by the control point
Fix problem reading some WAV files
Fix out of memory error with large playlists
Add description of pipedemo.sh script for MinimServer on Linux
Ensure filesystem sync after files are written to disk
Fix problem with duplicate removal in tagFormat processing
Fix incorrect sort order for search results in folder view
Ensure correct handling of container updateID (needed for the Naim app to work correctly)
Allow AlbumArtist.reverseName when AlbumArtist isn't in indexTags or itemTags
Put 24-bit files (>= 44100) into #AudioQuality HD category
Fix #AudioQuality category errors for some lossy files
Make the minim icon more visible on Mac OS X Yosemite
Allow AIFF files up to 4 GB in length
Fix relaunch problem
Fix problem when running as non-root user on some versions of Linux
Provide separate ARMv5 and ARMv7 packages for Synology
Add support for Linux PowerPC E600 machines
Preserve log data when doing a relaunch
In minimserver/bin/setup, support automatic startup for multiple instances
In minimserver/bin/setup, support automatic startup for Buffalo NAS
Bug fixes and minor changes
- Detect user language setting for QNAP, Synology, ASUSTOR and ReadyNAS
- Write heap dump and thread dump to configuration directory
- Ignore conflicting runtime platform modules in libext directory
- Enable the Linux scripts to run from any current directory
- In minimserver/bin/setup, only prompt for valid change options
- Fix minimserver/bin/update script failure
- Ensure correct output from minimserver/bin/stopall if multiple processes running
- In minimserver/bin/startc and minimserver/bin/startd, check for saved configuration
- Add minimserver/bin/startp and pipedemo.sh