Release Notes for Synology Guest Tool for Virtual Machine Manager
This tool improves the compatibility of Windows virtual machines running on Synology NAS. It includes VirtIO drivers required for Windows and Synology Guest Agent, optimizing snapshots and other functions of virtual machines.
Available on the following operating systems:
* Windows 10
* Windows 8.1
* Windows 8
* Windows 7
* Windows Server 2016
* Windows Server 2012/R2
* Windows Server 2008 R2
(Windows Server 2008 supports Guest Tool 1.4.2 only)
- Updated the digital signature.
- Fixed an issue where Windows 7 may freeze on reboot.
- Fixed an issue where taking snapshots might cause Guest Agent to freeze when Window's I/O is high.
- Fixed an issue where Guest Agents may fail to run after updating.
- Updated VirtIO driver to 0.1-146.
- Fixed an issue where Guest Tool cannot be installed on Windows 10 Build 1803.
- Fixed an issue where Guest Tool cannot be installed on French Windows.
- Fixed an issue where Guest Agent may not activate successfully when powered on.
- Adjusted the startup type of Guest Agent to delayed start to improve its stability.
- Enhanced the compatibility with Windows 10 Build 16299 and later.
- Supports running the installation wizard automatically.
- Fixed an issue where a Windows Server 2016 virtual machine might not be able to return its status.
- This is the initial release of Guest Tool for Virtual Machine Manager.
- It includes VirtIO drivers required for Windows and Synology Guest Agent, optimizing snapshots and other functions of virtual machines.
- Please to refer to this tutorial for further instruction.
Limitations & Known Issues
- A rebooting is required after the installation of Guest Agent in Windows Server 2008.