|Concurrent connection||Unlimited desktop clients|
|License type||Perpetual license including a 3-year upgrade service and technical support|
The licenses offered by Presto File Server are scalable, and the licensed bandwidth can be accumulated on a Synology NAS.
For example, if you have activated a 50 Mbps license on a Synology NAS but wish to expand the bandwidth on the same NAS, you can purchase an additional 20 Mbps license on Presto File Server to scale the bandwidth up to 70 Mbps.
30-Day Free Trial
For each Synology NAS, you can manually activate a one-time 30-day free trial of Presto File Server to determine the most suitable license plan for your network environment.
The perpetual license allows you to use the licensed package indefinitely.
Migrating a license from a Synology NAS to another NAS with the same license version is permanently available on Presto File Server License. A license can only be imported to one Synology NAS at a time; once imported, the license will be revoked from the original server.
How to Purchase
Please sign in to DSM as the administrator and install Presto File Server from the Package Center. Once the package is installed, go to Presto File Server > License and click Add License. You will be guided through the purchase procedure, and your purchase will be completed after a successful credit card payment.
- A Synology Account is required to purchase and use Presto File Server License. The information and status of the activated licenses will be synced with your Synology Account.
- Each license key can be applied to only one Synology product supporting Presto File Server at a time.
- The license keys are associated with your Synology Account. If you log out of the account on your Synology product, the license will be temporarily suspended until next login.
- The serial number of your license key will be delivered to Synology for validation purposes.
- Synology will contact you using the email information you have provided on your Synology Account for matters such as after-sales services and important updates.
Presto File Server Features
Learn more about Presto File Server features here.
The maximum bandwidth displayed in the table above refers to one-way bandwidth (i.e., the maximum upload or download bandwidth). For example, purchasing a 20Mbps license means that a maximum bandwidth of 40Mbps (i.e., 20Mbps for upload and 20Mbps for download) can be concurrently used.
Synology does not guarantee package compatibility for DSM versions released after the release of Presto File Server.
If you log out of Synology Account on your Synology product, or if your Synology product is disconnected from the Internet for more than 30 days, the licenses will be temporarily suspended until your next login.
The 30-day free trial cannot be activated on VDSM under any circumstances.