Synology® Announces Synology Router Manager (SRM) 1.1 Official Release
Because your wireless router should keep evolving
Taipei, Taiwan—July 19, 2016—Synology® Inc. today announced the official release of Synology Router Manager (SRM) 1.1, the latest version of its powerful management software designed specifically for its Synology Router RT1900ac wireless router.
The latest version of SRM 1.1 further expands the possibilities of the already versatile Synology Router RT1900ac wireless router, allowing users to enjoy intelligent Wi-Fi connectivity, detailed network analysis, strengthened security, and more.
"The release of Synology Router Manager (SRM) 1.1 is a big milestone in achieving our vision for the future of wireless routers. As the Internet and the ways we use it continue to change, we believe your wireless router should also continue to evolve. That's why we're adding new tools and features that will make the existing Synology Router RT1900ac even more useful and secure," said Tego Chang, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
New features in SRM 1.1 include the following:
- Smart Connect: With Synology's Smart Connect Wi-Fi technology, user devices are automatically connected to the most appropriate band – 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz – according to customizable criteria. This allows users to get the best wireless experience without worrying about technical details.
- Smart WAN: For advanced users who need uninterrupted network connectivity, Smart WAN enables you to designate a secondary WAN interface and set up automatic network failover or load balancing. Customizable routing policies also make it possible to route traffic through a specific interface according to the destination or source address.
- Traffic reports: Users can now generate comprehensive reports detailing traffic and bandwidth usage over a specific period of time. This allows users to better understand their network requirements, check if certain devices or applications are consuming too much bandwidth, or investigate security concerns.
- Intrusion Prevention (Beta): With the intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS), SRM 1.1 can analyze network traffic in order to detect and block malicious packets and requests from entering the user's local network.
- Content filtering: Parental control and traffic filtering now includes Google SafeSearch integration and the ability to add three customizable profiles to fine-tune and block access for different family members or employees.
- File syncing and backup: SRM 1.1 supports running Synology's popular Cloud Station Suite, allowing users to sync files to computers with Cloud Station Drive or back up files from Windows, Mac, and Linux computers in real time with Cloud Station Backup.
The official release of Synology Router Manager (SRM) 1.1 is free to download and install on Synology Router RT1900ac. For more details regarding Synology Router RT1900ac, please see https://www.synology.com/products/RT1900ac.
Synology at a glance
Synology creates network-attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and manage networks in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage networks in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.