Synology® Announces RackStation RS820+/RS820RP+ for Efficient Data Management
High-performance 1U rackmount NAS meeting data storage demands for midsize offices
"The CPU upgrade of RS820+/RS820RP+ brings high sequential reading throughput at over 1,621 MB/s in a 10GbE environment. With upgradable memory, optional high-speed network adapter support, and storage expansion, RS820+/RS820RP+ is ideal and competitive for midsize offices requiring an efficient and easy-to-use data sharing solution," said Michael Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
Key features of RS820+/RS820RP+:
- 4-core, 2.1 GHz CPU with AES-NI support
- 2GB DDR4 memory expandable up to 18GB
- Scale up to 8 drives with one Synology expansion unit RX418
- One PCIe 3.0 slot for an optional 10GbE add-in network interface card, or an M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Synology High Availability (SHA) providing continuous services with seamless transitioning between clustered servers
Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager
RS820+/RS820RP+ runs on DiskStation Manager, the advanced and intuitive operating system for Synology NAS devices, with various applications offered to enhance work productivity. Synology has received numerous media accolades, topping the mid-range NAS category in TechTarget's storage solution survey and winning PCMag Readers' Choice nine years in a row.For more information on RS820+/RS820RP+, please visit https://synology.com/products/RS820+
Synology at a glance
Staying at the forefront of data management, Synology innovates and adapts to ever-evolving technologies, and continues bringing new possibilities to the table, including but not limited to solutions for data storage and backup, file collaboration, video management, and network infrastructure – all designed with one goal in mind – presenting a centralized platform to simplify IT administration while driving digital transformation for businesses worldwide.