Release Notes for Safe Access
Safe Access intègre un contrôle parental et des fonctions de sécurité évolués. Grâce à Safe Access, vous pouvez non seulement superviser le comportement des utilisateurs sur Internet, définir des planifications et des quotas temporels Internet, mais également appliquer des filtres Web pour protéger certains utilisateurs et tous les périphériques de votre réseau local en bloquant les sites Web dangereux.
- Fixed a security vulnerability (Synology-SA-20:25).
- The update will be available for all regions within the following days, while the release time in each region may vary slightly.
- Added support to select all devices from the list during device assignment to user profiles.
- Fixed the issue where the Profile page could not be opened on the last day of daylight saving time.
- Fixed the issue where a device might still be controlled by its previous guest Wi-Fi profile when it connects to the primary network on which the setting of My Local Network (LAN) Profiles is not configured.
- Fixed the issue where a network error message might incorrectly appear when a request for website unblocking is successfully sent to a Synology Router with multiple network interfaces activated.
- Minor bug fixes.
- In response to the policy change in Google Safe Browsing API, an API key is necessary if you wish to use Safe Browsing API for the detection of malicious URLs. Please refer to this
for more information.
- Displayed MAC addresses of devices aside from device or manufacturer names during device assignment to profiles.
Fixed the issue where the time might not be displayed properly when the current time zone is not set in a full hour format.
Fixed the issue where profile features might not work properly when adding profiles to manage users' Internet activities.
Fixed the issue where email contents might not be displayed completely when the report name contains a space.
Minor bug fixes.
Add a notification page including reasons of being blocked by Internet schedule or time quota.
Add conflict check of network ports.
Enhanced the performance of Safe Access.
Fixed an issue where the UI might show errors during reward time
Fixed an issue where rewards might not work properly when there is an Internet activity.
Fixed an issue where items on the device list might not be correct in the Wi-Fi system.
Fixed an issue where UI might not display properly when multiple web filters are applied.
Fixed an issue where safe browsing might not work properly when the local DNS server is being used.
- Fixed an issue where the time set on Internet Schedule might not be displayed correctly.
- Fixed an issue where repeated desktop notifications might be sent when the time set for Internet access has expired on Time Quota.
- Fixed an issue where the web page might not load properly when Web Filter is enabled to block advertising.
- Minor bug fixes.
Compatibility & Installation
- Safe Access 1.1.0-0173 is compatible with SRM 1.2.1 and above.
- Supports the availability of Safe Access when a DNS Server has been set up in local network. (Note: DNS Server would have to be added to Profile.)
- Optimized interface display for IE11.
- Fixed an issue where the displayed time did not follow daylight saving time.
- Fixed an issue where the displayed time might not be accurate on the Access Request page.
- Fixed an issue where the subsequent page might not be displayed correctly after clicking "Proceed anyway".
- Fixed an issue where the upper limit might be erroneously calculated when notification has been disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the intranet connection might not work properly during blocked times.
- Improved network performance when no profiles are created and Network Protection is disabled.
- Enhanced the accuracy of Network Protection features.
- Fixed an issue where the Safe Access page might not be displayed correctly on certain browsers.
Compatibility & Installation
- Safe Access is compatible with SRM 1.2 and above.
- Safe Access integrates all functions of Parental Control. After upgrading to SRM1.2, Parental Control will be replaced and related settings will be safety migrated to Safe Access. Learn more
- Safe Access is recommended to be used on DS router 1.2 for most complete functions.
- Supports device grouping for easy management.
- Supports Internet schedules with 15-minutes intervals.
- Supports time quota.
- Supports web filter scheduling.
- Supports access request which users can send from block pages; administrators can decide whether to accept the requests or not.
- Supports pause features, allowing the administrator to pause a specific user's Internet access.
- Supports reward features, allowing the administrator to grant extra Internet usage time to users.
Logs and report
- Supports Network Protection to guard all devices in the network by blocking dangerous websites.
- Supports log features, allowing the administrator to track domain and IP users were blocked from.
- Supports report features, allowing the administrator to generate and review activities of users.
Limitation and Known Issues
- Bing Safe Search is not supported in the IPv6 environment.
- RT1900ac is not suppoted in an IPv6 environment.
- If a Synology Router is set up in the local network of another Synology Router, the block page of web filters and network protection might not be displayed correctly.
- In Wireless AP Mode, the uplink must be connected to the WAN port.
- Safe Access is not supported in a Local Network where a DNS Server is set up.