Wi-Fi router: A better route to cybersecurity
All traffic in and out of your network goes through the router. With the threat intelligence and intrusion prevention technology, Synology Router installs multiple layers of protection to cover everything – including IoT devices that can't run antivirus software.
The security and parental control features come with Synology Router at no additional charge. Unlike other products, there's no monthly subscription that costs you more than the original hardware.
See what's happening in your network with real-time monitoring and notifications from the mobile app. Synology Router also e-mails you regular reports so you can identify usage trends and anomalies.
Keep your whole family safe
No matter how cautious we are, it's sometimes not possible to stop every family member from clicking on that phishing link or sharing Wi-Fi password with others. Now, Synology Router will always be there for them.
- Threat intelligence: Built-in security filters alert users when they're heading to a malicious website. The databases are automatically updated to keep up with the latest threats.
- Web privacy: No browsing history is sent to the cloud for analysis.1 The additional support for DNS over HTTPS ensures no attackers or even your ISPs can eavesdrop on which sites you visit.
- Secure Wi-Fi: You can prevent unknown devices from connecting to your family Wi-Fi – guest Wi-Fi will still be available for guests. The next-gen Wi-Fi standard, WPA3, also equips you with better defenses against brute-force attacks.
“I don't feel safe on the Internet anymore without this router.”
Manage the Internet of Things
The IoT devices are often the weakest link in a smart home. They work 24/7 in the background (without us paying much attention to), and we have fewer ways to protect them – the best of which is to do it at the network level.
- Threat Prevention: This package makes the business-grade intrusion prevention technology available to every household, silently dropping any suspicious packet with no human intervention required.2 Learn more
- Traffic monitoring: A common symptom of a compromised device is an unusually high amount of traffic (such as from your smart speaker). Keep yourself informed via the regular reports or real-time dashboard, and block any dubious device with just one click.
- Location-based firewall: Concerned about connections from or to places where most cyberattacks originate? You can block the whole country/region just to be safe.
Protect kids until they're ready
Some things do not pose a security risk but are dangerous to the little ones nonetheless: adult or violent content, or simply too much time online. The profile-based parental controls help you set up different Internet policies for children of different ages. Watch the video
- Build your own mesh network: In addition to being top-rated for performance and security, you can combine multiple routers to apply whole-home mesh Wi-Fi and eliminate dead zones once and for all. Learn more
- Synology Router Manager: The award-winning operating system that powers every Synology Router. Find out what else it has to offer
- Some other products carry out all or part of the security analysis in the cloud. In comparison, Synology Router regularly downloads domain/IP blacklists and performs the filtering locally. An optional feature, Google Safe Browsing, runs the first round of security checks locally on the router. If a website fails the checks, this specific URL is then sent to Google for verification. This feature needs to be enabled by users separately.
- Available on Synology RT2600ac. An external storage device (USB drive or SD card) is required.