Secure Your Business Mail Services
Construct a business-grade mail server with Synology MailPlus and stay connected with all your important emails anytime, anywhere.
Getting started is easy
Set up a mail service for your business within a few clicks.
- Your own domain, one or multiple - Set up your custom domain and manage multiple email domains in one centralized email server.
- Seamless migration from Microsoft Exchange/G Suite with the instructional wizard. You can even migrate emails from Gmail account without collecting employees’ credentials.
- Compatible with nearly all mail clients using SMTP/IMAP/POP3 protocols, minimizing the barriers of transferring from previous mail service to MailPlus.
- Windows AD/LDAP support to fit perfectly into the original IT environment. If you don’t have one, simply install Synology Directory Server.
Mitigate maintenance efforts by delegating administration and policy configurations.
- Management delegation for associate administrators to help manage MailPlus Server and further reduce IT manager’s workload.
- Unlimited aliases and group lists to improve the overall communication efficiency without purchasing extra licenses.
- Customize user and group policies on their login methods, daily email traffic, and mail delivery, and configure global rules to filter unwanted emails and allow through important ones.
Keep your business GDPR-compliant
Effectively manage data retention and erasure to meet GDPR requirements.
Data protection officers can be authorized to search and preview email content, and further decide whether to export or delete the requested emails.
All search queries will be well-logged with detailed information, including username and login IP to prevent any possible abuse of Mail Search.
Internet threats have nowhere to hide
Defend against malicious attacks with full-fledged security features.
- Protect the mail service against malware with Google Safe Browsing and industry-standard antivirus engines.
- Detect spam with the high-performance engine Rspamd, and learn from user-reported spam for more precise detection.
- Visualize threat statistics of inbound and outbound emails with clear diagrams.
Minimize barriers for your employees
No need to change users’ original habits with a boost in email management efficiency.
Cross-platform email access
Access emails with webmail from browsers or mail clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or Apple Mail, or with MailPlus on iOS and Android on the go.
Categorize your emails with ease
Use labels or mailbox folders to categorize your emails and create filters to auto-categorize them in your own way.
Stay focused on what’s important
Customize the priority mailbox to focus on important messages, or share your mailbox with your team to track progress on projects or tasks.
More than just a mail server
Install packages you need and turn the mail server into a communication platform.
- Chat - The instant messaging service fully integrated with MailPlus allows you to chat before sending an email.
- Calendar - Create an event directly from the email to Synology Calendar via the detected date/time format or the whole email.
- To-do list - Add tasks to the Calendar to-do list when an assignment comes from emails.
- File Station - Email file attachments directly from the same server or save inbound attachments to the server.
See how these organizations achieved more with Synology.
Synology RS3617RPxs with its Virtual Machine Manager offers an ideal solution for a business environment, providing scalability, high availability, data security as well as services such as File Server, Mail Server, Calendar, Contacts List, and Surveillance.
Synology MailPlus is a web-based package supporting back-end AD integration, remote login maintenance, and simple backup configurations. Users can also restore accidentally deleted mails with ease. MailPlus just satisfies every email management need.
Synology solutions offered the perfect blend of cost, support, and flexibility, while providing a variety of benefits, including snapshot technology, load balancing, data backup, and the business mail solution.
Synology RS3617RPxs with its Virtual Machine Manager offers an ideal solution for a business environment, providing scalability, high availability, data security as well as services such as File Server, Mail Server, Calendar, Contacts List, and Surveillance.Learn more
Synology MailPlus is a web-based package supporting back-end AD integration, remote login maintenance, and simple backup configurations. Users can also restore accidentally deleted mails with ease. MailPlus just satisfies every email management need.Learn more
Synology solutions offered the perfect blend of cost, support, and flexibility, while providing a variety of benefits, including snapshot technology, load balancing, data backup, and the business mail solution.Learn more
- Recommended number of users: up to 1,800*
- Recommended number of emails processed per day: up to 4,773,000*
- Provides mail services with SMTP, IMAP, POP3 protocols
- SMTP authorization
- SSL secured connection
- SMTP relay with optional TLS secured connection
- Multiple domain support
- Supports LDAP/AD account
- Daily quota to limit each user's outbound mail
- Create aliases for local users, groups, existing aliases and external mailboxes
- Customization of auto BCC rules, SMTP/SMTPS port number, and the maximum size of a single email
- Customize user and group policies on login methods, daily email traffic, and mail delivery
- Delegate server management to normal users by function
- Migrates emails from external mail servers:
- Microsoft Exchange (no need for password collection)
- G Suite (no need for password collection)
- Office 365
- Yahoo Mail
- General IMAP servers
- Spam filter: Rspamd filter engine and DNS-based blackhole list
- Spam reporting allows the system to learn for better spam identification
- Spam engine supports Chinese segmenter to effectively detect Chinese spam mail
- Use the antivirus engine ClamAV or paid service McAfee to detect viruses in mail attachments
- Google Safe Browsing database for detecting malicious URLs in the mail threads
- Leverage third-party databases to enhance detection for malware, phishing contents and spam
- Post-auditing and action policies for virus-infected mails
- Threat Monitor provides security-related information:
- General threat statistics in clear and interactive graphs
- Real-time status of anti-spam and antivirus engines
- DNSBL self-check result
- Threat sources displayed in a world map
- Statistics of blocked Inbound and outbound mail
- Sender validation mechanism with SPF/DKIM and DMARC
- Content Scan filters messages containing potentially dangerous content
- Attachment filter to block specific file types
- Message Content Protection (MCP) to prevent sensitive data leakage
- Global black and white lists to allow through or reject messages based on customized criteria
- Advanced SMTP security settings to regulate SMTP client connections
- High availability architecture maximizes service uptime
- High-speed full-text search for English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters
- Personal auto-forwarding and auto-reply rules for each user
- Customize auto-reply message
- Records historical email activity chart (past 1 hour, 1 day, 7 days, and 30 days) with detailed information about the quantity of inbound/outbound emails
- Mail queue monitoring
- Activity log and security log
- Usage analysis to calculate email quantity of the selected users, and to monitor the mail traffic by account
- Archive logs periodically
- Transfer logs to the Secondary Server for backup, or syslog server for central management
- Daily report includes summaries of
- Hourly traffic
- Delivered/received messages
- Deferred/rejected messages
- SMTP delivery failure
- Quantity of senders and recipients
- MailPlus Server comes with 5 email accounts by default
- License page allows for license addition
- Licenses are all centralized in Primary Server
- Synology NAS memory: 1GB RAM
- Physical mailboxes to organize emails.
- Label management to assign multiple attributes to emails.
- Filters automatically apply labels or move the incoming/outgoing emails to certain mailboxes.
- SMTP and POP3 fetch function for sending and receiving emails on other mail servers.
- Regularly auto-delete spam and trash mails before specified time or upon logout
- Regularly auto-archive mail in inbox before specified time
- Priority mailbox for showing emails from specific mailboxes or labels in one view
- Share mailboxes with other users with separate permission settings
- Supports conversation and single message view
- Set the send cancellation period to cancel a sent email
- Customize wallpaper and theme settings
- 2 column/3 column browsing modes available
- Customize auto-reply messages for different senders
- Customize display language
- Add local contacts or import contacts from CSV or vCard files
- Export contacts to vCard files
- Auto-complete email addresses when users are specifying the sender/recipients
- Add contacts to a contact group
- Star important or most frequent contacts
- Search contacts by keywords
- Shared address book displays contact information from Windows AD domain, LDAP server or local users
- Sync contacts from external sources:
- Google Gmail
- Microsoft Outlook.com
- Yahoo Mail
- CardDAV servers
- Create events and tasks in Synology Calendar from highlighted dates and times in mail (Synology Calendar must be installed on the same NAS)
- Allow instant conversations via Chat plug-in (Synology Chat must be installed on the same NAS)
- Open other collaboration packages (Chat, Calendar and Drive) via App Launcher
- Receive browser notifications on new mails in certain mailboxes or with specific labels
- Smart search function to find and manage emails efficiently
- Built-in stickers to enrich email content
- Synology Web Clipper to save conversations in MailPlus to Note Station for further management
- Attach files stored on Synology NAS
- Save attachments to Synology NAS
- Un-do operation
- Keyboard shortcuts to view and manage messages
- Convert large attachments to shared links
- Enable hover action to easily manage emails by hovering over them
- Supports OpenPGP for email encryption and signing
- Allow users to fetch email from external POP3 mail servers
- Disable OpenPGP for all users
- Allow users to create shared links for large attachments
- Edit and hide contact group names in shared contacts
- Customize a logo displayed on the MailPlus web client
- Synology NAS memory: 1GB RAM
- Please note that the figures marked in asterisks are derived from the Synology lab by using high-performance client computers with optimized network settings, and could vary in different environments.