Publish Time: 2019-10-30 18:23:58 UTC+8
Last Updated: 2020-10-15 14:15:40 UTC+8
These vulnerabilities allow remote attackers to bypass security constraints via a susceptible version of DiskStation Manager (DSM), Synology Router Manager (SRM), and allow remote authenticated users to conduct denial-of-service attacks via a susceptible version of Synology Directory Server.
|Product||Severity||Fixed Release Availability|
|DSM 6.2||Important||Upgrade to 6.2.3-25423 or above.|
|SkyNAS||Important||Upgrade to 6.2.3-25426 or above.|
|SRM 1.2||Not affected||N/A|
|Synology Directory Server||Moderate||Upgrade DSM to 6.2.3-25423 or above.|
- Severity: Moderate
- CVSS3 Base Score: 8.1
- CVSS3 Vector: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
- A flaw was found in the samba client, all samba versions before samba 4.11.2, 4.10.10 and 4.9.15, where a malicious server can supply a pathname to the client with separators. This could allow the client to access files and folders outside of the SMB network pathnames. An attacker could use this vulnerability to create files outside of the current working directory using the privileges of the client user.
- Severity: Not affected
- CVSS3 Base Score: 0.0
- CVSS3 Vector: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:N
- A flaw was found in Samba, all versions starting samba 4.5.0 before samba 4.9.15, samba 4.10.10, samba 4.11.2, in the way it handles a user password change or a new password for a samba user. The Samba Active Directory Domain Controller can be configured to use a custom script to check for password complexity. This configuration can fail to verify password complexity when non-ASCII characters are used in the password, which could lead to weak passwords being set for samba users, making it vulnerable to dictionary attacks.
- Severity: Moderate
- CVSS3 Base Score: 4.9
- CVSS3 Vector: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
- A flaw was found in samba 4.0.0 before samba 4.9.15 and samba 4.10.x before 4.10.10. An attacker can crash AD DC LDAP server via dirsync resulting in denial of service. Privilege escalation is not possible with this issue.
|1||2019-10-30||Initial public release.|
|2||2019-12-17||Disclosed vulnerability details.|
|3||2020-04-15||Update for DSM 6.2 and Synology Directory Server are now available in Affected Products.|
|4||2020-10-15||Update for SkyNAS is now available in Affected Products.|