- No results found
Test Environment for Data IO and Throughput Benchmarks
- NAS/IP SAN:
- Operating system: DSM 7.2
- RAID volume type: RAID 6 (12 bays and above), RAID 5 (4 bays to 8 bays), RAID 1 (2 bays), Basic (1 bay)
- Drives (fully populated):
- Synology 960 GB SATA SSD
- Synology 4 TB SATA HDD
- Network interface cards: Fully populated with the maximum supported amount of Synology 10GbE NICs.
- Network configuration: Network ports are combined for maximum bandwidth.
- Client computer:
- Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz; 4 GB DDR3-1600; Intel SSDSC2CW120A3K5 SATA SSD; Intel X540-T2 NIC
- SMB sequential throughput tests: FIO v3.6, 100% read/write ratio and 1 MB block size, Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
- iSCSI random IOPS tests: FIO v3.6, 100% read/write ratio and 4 KB block size, Thick LUN, Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
Test Environment for Synology Applications
- Synology Office:
- Models are tested with their default memory configuration.
- FS Series models are tested with 10 SSD drives configured into a single SSD volume.
- SA, HD, and XS+ Series models are tested with four HDD drives configured into a single volume and two SSD drives as read-write cache.
- J, Value, and Plus Series models are tested with up to four HDD drives configured into a single volume.
- Synology MailPlus:
- Models with SSD support are tested with up to 12 SSD drives configured into a single SSD volume.
- Models with expandable memory are tested with their maximum supported memory, up to a limit of 64 GB.
- The performance of the mail system will slightly decrease in high-availability mode due to data synchronization between the two servers.
- Functions enabled during tests: anti-spam, anti-virus, DNSBL, greylist, content scan, full-text search (English only).
- Synology Surveillance Station:
- Performance figures are obtained from testing conducted with the device fully populated with drives under a continuous recording setup. Actual system capabilities may vary based on configuration, drive performance, enabled features, and the presence of additional workloads.
- The performance metrics for FS6400, SA6400, and SA3610 improve with the addition of expansion units.
- For specific models, Surveillance Station 9.1.3 or above is required to support the performance figures listed. Please check the product software specification for details.
- Performance measurements are conducted using numerous client endpoints with optimized network settings and manual traffic distribution. Your product performance may vary depending on configuration and environmental factors.
- Performance testing for Synology applications is conducted without additional applications running on the system. Running multiple applications concurrently may impact both overall system performance and the performance of individual applications.
- The availability of device models may vary by region. Please contact a local Synology partner for more information.