How to set up Google Cloud Print on Synology NAS
Synology NAS print server is designed to work with Google Cloud Print, allowing you to print files, emails, and other documents from mobile phones remotely. Simply connect your printer to Synology NAS, enter your Google account information, and you are ready to print out documents nearby or remotely using Google applications on any device. As long as the printer included on Synology's compatibility list, you will be able to print and share resources from Google Cloud Print-enabled apps. The print service can also be shared with anyone using a Google Account.
This article guides you through the procedure of setting up Google Cloud Print support in order to print documents from anywhere you can access your Google account.
Google Cloud Print connects your printers to your Google account, making your home and work printers available to you and anyone you choose using a range of applications and platforms, such as your phone, tablet, or personal computer.
This article assumes that you have already done the following:
- Connected a printer to the USB port of your Synology NAS and completed the setup (For Windows users, please refer here).
For information about basic hardware and software setup, please refer to the Quick Installation Guide for your Synology product. In addition, you can also see Synology DiskStation User's Guide for additional information related to this article. Both documents are available at the Synology Download Center.
This section explains how to change DSM settings in order to allow Google Cloud Print support and start printing documents from anywhere.
- Login to DSM using an account belonging to the administrators group.
- Go to Control Panel > External Devices.
- Select your printer and then click Printer Manager > Set Up Printer.
- Check the box marked Enable Google Cloud Print.
- Enter your Google email address and password in the appropriate text fields.
- Choose your printer's brand and driver from the drop-down menus. You can also choose to check the box marked Enable fit-to-page to automatically scale your print jobs to your printer paper size.
- Click Save and then Close. You should now be able to print documents from Google applications using the printer connected to your Synology NAS.
- Clicking the Google Cloud Print link lets you manage printers and print jobs on Google Cloud Print's webpage.
Need technical support? Submit Support Form