Synology Unveils Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta
Bellevue, Washington—October 21st, 2016—Synology® Inc. today announced the Beta availability of Surveillance Station 8.0, and welcomed testers around the world to join the Beta testing program. Valuable feedback and suggestion will be adopted in the official release of Surveillance Station 8.0.
"Surveillance station 8.0 Beta introduces new efficient desktop client and painless failover setup on CMS to our users." said Jonathan Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc., "By supporting more new codecs, auto-adjustment on live view interface and third party intelligent video analysis tools, the new face of Surveillance Station will show how easy it can be to gain a lot more sense of security."
Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta includes the following new features:
- Surveillance Station Client: In addition to checking live views and managing channels within browsers, users can now install Surveillance Station Client and enjoy two times faster live view and timeline launching, smoother live view experience, and be free from browser limitations.
- Multiple Streaming: Supporting automatic and manual resolution adjustment based on the size of the monitoring window or event, saving users bandwidth consumption1 when prospecting multiple channels.
- Advanced action rule: More advanced action rules and events are supported to further automate the surveillance system. By flexibly utilizing the logical operators and multiple events, actions can be triggered when one or all of the pre-defined criteria is met.
- Automatic failover: Users can enable flexible failover on CMS in Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta. It allows users to enjoy intact surveillance structure with minimized downtime, less required servers, and lower threshold on cost and management.
- New Codecs: Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta now supports new H.265 codec, enabling more supported cameras for users to choose from while providing both live view and recording by consuming 25% less bandwidth2 with faster streaming experience. Optimized H.264+ by Hikvision® and Smart Stream by ZAVIO® are also supported.
- VS360HD firmware upgrade: The firmware of VS360HD has been upgraded for users to connect freely to the NAS, and manage almost every feature of Surveillance Station on it. QuickConnect ID and HTTPs connections are also supported to let user easily access your Surveillance Station from anywhere in the world.
To learn more about Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta, please visit https://www.synology.com/beta/2017_SurveillanceStation_80_beta.
Synology Surveillance Station 8.0 beta packages are available to download on DSM. For more information on DSM compatibility, package installation, and applied models, please visit https://www.synology.com/beta/2017_SurveillanceStation_80_beta.
- Can save up to 85% of bandwidth by scaling 1080p streams down to 480p. Tested under H.264 10FPS environment.
- Performance might vary depending on the testing environment. More details on H.265 official website.
Synology at a glance
Synology creates network-attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and manage networks in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage networks in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.