Synology Officially Launches DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.2
Bellevue, Washington—Synology America Corp. today announced the official release of DSM 4.2- the latest advancement in Synology's award-winning NAS operating system. The new DSM version brings improvements for both home and business users at no additional cost.
DiskStation Manager 4.2 upgrades Quick Connect, which now includes more apps than ever before. In addition to Cloud Station and DS file, Quick Connect has added support for DS audio, DS photo+, and the new DS cloud apps. This allows users to remotely connect apps through their DiskStation without the need to forward ports in their router.
Home and small to medium business users will find many improvements to appreciate:
• Quick Connect adds support for DS audio, DS photo+, and the new DS cloud apps for remote access with no need for port forwarding making it easy to access your data remotely
• DS cloud is launched to allow iOS users to sync files from their mobile device
• Package Center is revamped to organize applications
• Cloud Station 2 allows nearly unlimited accounts and folders for synching, and allows for files up to 10GB each
“With usability enhancements across the board, the DSM 4.2 has something for nearly everyone for both home and business users,” said Jason Bonoan, Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. “DSM 4.2 will show Synology continuing to add increased value for both new and existing users.” Home users can take advantage of DSM 4.2's multimedia enhancements for both workstations and mobile devices:
• DS video is now available for iOS, Android, and Windows phones, and offers support for MKV subtitles
• DS photo+ can now be set to automatically sync photos from iOS devices
• Video Station's new player allows streaming video to a browser without the need for browser plugins
• Audio Station now supports streaming to Bluetooth speakers
DSM 4.2 also includes a number of offerings catering specifically to business users:
• Synology High Availability (SHA) is now available on all x86-based models, allowing even smaller businesses to minimize the risk of downtime
• Support for Amazon's Glacier service for a more affordable backup to the cloud
For more information on DiskStation Manager 4.2 go here: http://www.synology.com/dsm/index
Synology at a Glance
Synology creates network attached storage and IP surveillance solutions that transform the way users manage data and conduct surveillance in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, and implement professional surveillance solutions in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.