Installing Virtual Machine Manager
IMPORTANT: Please read the following before installing this beta software.
For evaluation only - This beta software is for evaluation purposes only and should not be installed on critical equipment or in production environments. We strongly recommend reading the Release notes section before installing it. Synology cannot be held responsible for any damages, such as accidental data loss, caused by this beta software.
Not downgradable - After installation of this beta application, you will not be able to downgrade to a previous official version of this software.
To install the beta software on your Synology NAS
- Log in to DSM using an account belonging to the administrators group.
- Open Package Center.
- Go to Settings > Beta.
- Check the box marked Yes, I want to see beta versions!
- Now you should be able to find and install packages that currently have a beta version available and compatible with your Synology NAS for public testing.
- Remember to click from Installed > Feedback to help us out and report any issues or suggestions.
- 17-series: FS3017, FS2017, RS4017xs+, RS18017xs+, RS3617xs+, RS3617xs, RS3617RPxs, DS3617xs, DS1817+, DS1517+
- 16-series: RS18016xs+, RS2416+, RS2416RP+, DS916+
- 15-series: RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, RS815+, RS815RP+
- 14-series: RS3614xs+, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs
- 13-series: RS10613xs+, RS3413xs+
- 12-series: DS3612xs, RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs
- 11-series: DS3611xs, RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs
- Virtual Machine Manager is an upgrade from Virtual DSM Manager.
- Supports Windows / Linux virtual machines.
- Supports importing OVA files to create virtual machines.
- Supports importing VMDK, VDI, VHD, VHDX, and IMG virtual disks.
- Added Beta Feedback page.
- Fixed an issue where the status display of virtual machines might be incorrect.
- Minor bug fixes.
- For models with less than 4GB of memory cannot run virtual machines, but can still be deployed as storage and quorum servers in a cluster.
- VirtIO SCSI driver is required during the Windows installation process. Please download Guest Tool for Virtual Machine Manager at Download Center.
- There is display corruption with Fedora 20. This issue will be fixed in a later version.
- Some Linux operating systems will repeat the installation process after rebooting. This process can only be completed after the ISO file has been unmounted. This issue will be fixed in a later version.