Secure Network for Smart Home
Keep your whole family safe
- Threat intelligence: Built-in security filters alert users when they're heading to a malicious website. The databases are automatically updated to keep up with the latest threats.
- Web privacy: No browsing history is sent to the cloud for analysis.1 The additional support for DNS over HTTPS ensures no attackers or even your ISPs can eavesdrop on which sites you visit.
- Secure Wi-Fi: You can prevent unknown devices from connecting to your family Wi-Fi – guest Wi-Fi will still be available for guests. The next-gen Wi-Fi standard, WPA3, also equips you with better defenses against brute-force attacks.
“I don't feel safe on the Internet anymore without this router.”
Manage the Internet of Things
- Threat Prevention: This package makes the business-grade intrusion prevention technology available to every household, silently dropping any suspicious packet with no human intervention required.2 Learn more
- Traffic monitoring: A common symptom of a compromised device is an unusually high amount of traffic (such as from your smart speaker). Keep yourself informed via the regular reports or real-time dashboard, and block any dubious device with just one click.
- Location-based firewall: Concerned about connections from or to places where most cyberattacks originate? You can block the whole country/region just to be safe.
“This may be my favorite router now when it comes to parental controls. Synology, in my opinion, is years ahead now of anybody that I'd consider to be their competitors in this space.”Willie Howe Technology
Decide which types of websites (gambling, dating, social networks, etc.) are not allowed – or allowed only during a specific time. Hide explicit search results on Google, Bing, or YouTube.
Set time limits and schedules. Encourage your kids to use their time wisely, and reserve some quality time for family.
Gain insights into how a kid is exploring the world. Pause his devices if it's time to talk, or reward him with extra hours if he's behaving well.
- Synology Router RT2600ac: In addition to being one of the top-rated routers for performance and security, it also works with Synology MR2200ac to bring mesh Wi-Fi to everywhere in the house. Learn more
- Synology Router Manager: The award-winning operating system that powers every Synology Router. Find out what else it has to offer
- Some other products carry out all or part of the security analysis in the cloud. In comparison, Synology Router regularly downloads domain/IP blacklists and performs the filtering locally. An optional feature, Google Safe Browsing, runs the first round of security checks locally on the router. If a website fails the checks, this specific URL is then sent to Google for verification. This feature needs to be enabled by users separately.
- Available on Synology RT2600ac. An external storage device (USB drive or SD card) is required.