Release Notes for Synology Assistant
Synology Assistant is a desktop utility that searches for Synology servers within the local area network. It allows you to search and connect to your Synology server or set up Wake on LAN (WOL).
- Fixed an issue where text might be unreadable in macOS when Dark Mode is applied.
- Fixed an issue where Synology Assistant might not operate properly on macOS Big Sur under certain conditions.
- Add security warnings to processes that require the entry of administrator account and password.
- Fixed a security vulnerability (Synology-SA-19:38).
Minor bug fixes.
Enhanced the security during the installation of Synology Assistant.
- Allows clean installing DSM on a "migratable" NAS.
- Allows the admin group to run the memory test for NAS.
- Allows the admin group to configure IP address for NAS which is in the status of "Connection failed."
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue in which the layout could not be displayed properly on monitors with 4K resolution.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Synology Assistant is now digitally signed for Mac running 10.9.5 and later.
- Synology Assistant offers DEB and RPM installers for Linux computers.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Enhanced system checking mechanism.
- Minor bug fixes
- Added KDE Linux GUI support.
Limitations & Known Issues
- MFP (Multifunction Printer) does not support Windows 10.
- 5002 will be the last version with built-in MFP (Multifunction Printer) function.
- 5002 will be the last version with built-in Photo Uploader function.
- Removed the Resource Monitor feature.
- Removed Photo Station Uploader in 64-bit Linux version.
- Enhanced the compatibility of network MFP drivers with Windows 8.1.
- Renewed the code signing certificates so unnecessary "Unknown Publisher" warnings no longer appear on Windows and Mac computers during installation.
- Photo Station Uploader feature is now removed in Synology Assistant on Windows and Mac.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Bug Fixes.
- You can now set up network printers connected to DiskStation on a Windows PC.
- Upgraded to support Synology RS10613xs+.
- Improved the compatibility with DNG files created by Adobe Lightroom 4.1 when you're using Photo Uploader.
- Improved the speed of uploading photos to Photo Station.
- Improved the compatibility of Mac OS X 10.8.
- Fixed an issue where you may not convert .mts video files with Photo Uploader.
- Added the feature to monitor the file system check progress.
- Fixed an issue that modified date of uploaded photos was unexpectedly changed.
- Now you will have the option to create the Synology Hybrid RAID volume at the first-time DSM installation on your new DiskStation.
- Now you will have better quality of converted videos when uploading them to Photo Station.
- Background mode is now supported to allow you to easily manage the connection status of your multifunction printer.
- (18008) Keep and update the sorted list for DiskStations after refreshing or restarting Synology Assistant.
- Function tab customization is added to allow users to set up the default function tabs at startup.
- Improved UI allows users to switch functions between tabs.
- (14296) Fixed the issue of Photo Uploader converting video files in Windows.
- (14098) Enhanced Photo Uploader AVI converting in Synology Assistant on Mac and Linux.
- Photo Uploader: Photo Uploader utility allows uploading photos and videos to the DiskStation which photo thumbnails and H.264 films pre-generated with the client computer.
- Wake on LAN*: A Wake on LAN utility allows remotely turning on the DiskStation over the local area network by entering the device MAC address.
- Improved search function of Synology Assistant (Mac OS) in Wi-Fi environments.
- Linux Version Support: Linux version Synology Assistant is now available.
- Resource Monitor: CPU usage, memory usage, network flow and volume usage are displayed on an organized panel for easy access without login into management UI. Monitoring multiple DiskStations is also allowed.
- Batch DiskStation Installation: Installing firmware for multiple un-configured DiskStations on a batch basis is now available.
- UI Enhancements:
- Resizable window: The application window is now resizable to fit user's preference.
- Search progress bar: A search progress bar is now shown at the bottom of the application window.
- Sort-able attributes: DiskStations listed are now able to be sorted by different attributes such as server name or IP address.
- Preferences: The Preferences page allows you to change the application display language, set the start page and enable memory test function.
- OS Support:
- Windows 2000 onward
- Mac OS X 10.3 onward
- Linux Ubuntu 8, 9
- Resource Monitor and memory test functions are available only on DiskStation with firmware DSM 2.2-0914 and onward.
- The Linux version is optimized for Ubuntu distribution version 8 and 9. Users can still try it on other Linux distributions for evaluation purpose only.
- Memory test tool is designed for system diagnosis purpose.