CardDAV Server is n contact management application that allows you to easily sync and access your address book. Address books on CardDAV server can be edited and viewed using any CardDAV client such as mobile phones and computers. Any changes made to contacts will be synced to all CardDAV client devices connected to CardDAV Server.
To launch CardDAV Server:
- Go to Main Menu > CardDAV Server.
To set up your Android device for use with CardDAV Server:
- Enter the CardDAV Server URL into your CardDAV client application using the following format:
- IP: port/addressbooks/users/your-user-ID/addressbook where IP is the IP address of your Synology NAS; port is the port number set in CardDAV Server; and your-user-ID is your DSM account.
To set up your iOS device for use with CardDAV Server:
- Enter the IP address of your Synology NAS as the CardDAV Server URL in your CardDAV client application.
Back up and Restore
You can back up CardDAV Server and restore it to a previous version via Hyper Backup.
To back up CardDAV Server:
- Go to Hyper Backup > Create > Data backup task to create a backup task.
- Follow the Backup Wizard instructions, and choose CardDAV Server when you are prompted to select applications to back up.
- After the backup task is complete, the configuration files and all users' address books will be backed up.
To restore CardDAV Server:
- Go to Hyper Backup > Restore > Data to restore the desired backup task.
- After the restore task is complete, the current configuration files and all users' address books in CardDAV Server will be overwritten.
The backup and restore functions support DSM 5.1 (or later).