Synology® Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas
Scalable and converged NAS for demanding businesses
Taipei, Taiwan—July 2nd, 2015—Synology® Inc. today announced the release of RS18016xs+ and its expansion unit RX1216sas, with vast expansion capacities, point-in-time data backup for enterprises, and unparalleled performance throughput.
"Belonging to the next generation of NAS servers, RS18016xs+ can provide up to 1PB of storage capacity while simplifying any backup strategy, making it the perfect choice for businesses in need of a cost-efficient, scalable, and modern storage solution" declared Michael Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
RS18016xs+ has been designed to deliver cutting-edge technologies:
- Extreme performance: delivering over 3,900 MB/s and 348,000 IOPS throughput, RS18016xs+ can effortlessly provide storage and application serving to hundreds of users. With a dedicated encryption engine, RS18016xs+ can provide over 3,000 MB/s reading on encrypted shared folders, ensuring data security without any major performance drop.
- Point-in-time data recovery: RC18015xs+ brings snapshot technology, allowing businesses to automatically capture point-in-time copies of data as frequently as every 5 minutes without occupying system resources, as well as customize the retention policy to save up to 256 hourly, daily, or weekly recovery points.
- High uptime: in addition to Synology High Availability features such as redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and 4 network ports with failover support maximize service uptime.
- Future-ready: RS18016xs+ natively supports the latest SAS/SATA III technologies and can be upgraded with up to 32GB of ECC RAM and 10GbE capabilities to ensure maximum compatibility and return on investment.
- Seamless scalability: when storage capacity on the Synology RS18016xs+ reaches its limit, Synology RX1216sas provides an easy way to immediately scale up. Stacking up to 14 RX1216sas creates a 180-drive cluster managed from a single point of entry.
RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are backed by Synology's 5-year warranty and Synology Replacement Services (SRS) for select regions.
RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are powered by DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive web-based operating system for network-attached storage, providing a host of applications to bring better productivity to work. Synology was voted as "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, overall satisfaction, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, please visit https://www.synology.com/products/RS18016xs+
Synology at a Glance
Synology creates network attached storage and IP surveillance solutions that transform the way users manage data and conduct surveillance in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, and implement professional surveillance solutions in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.