Synology® Announces the Official Release of DiskStation Manager 3.1
Beyond NAS server Operating System
“DSM 3.1 builds on the award winning DSM 3.0 with additional consumer and business features to exhibit Synology's enthusiasm to answer users' requests and demands,” said Rosiel Lee, product manager of Synology Inc.
DSM 3.1 brings users a wealth of upgrades and benefits:
● Elevating management efficiency - Multiple volumes on a single RAID allows users to expand volume size dynamically and manage storage effectively. Sharing of print/fax/scan on multifunction printers increases the efficiency of various operations. Furthermore, enhanced File Browser performs database index to file name, advanced search criteria, and preview of documents, images or video, delivering quick search.
● Increasing data availability - Synology Hybrid RAID supports dual disks redundancy. Furthermore, the Shared Folder Sync feature allows users to synchronize specific folders from one DiskStation to another on real time basis. Users will be able to share documents seamlessly and have an immediate backup DiskStation up and running right away in case of hardware failure. In addition, backing up the same shared folder to multiple destinations is now supported for more layers of protection. Windows ACL support now allows data to be restored along with its preconfigured access permission settings.
● Enriching the capabilities of mobile devices, including iPad® - Three iPad-native applications - DS cam, DS photo+ and DS audio are available, offering intuitive hands-on experience. AirPrint® support allows users wirelessly print documents from iPhone® and iPad® to any AirPrint-enabled printers connected to DiskStation. Moreover, the new DS file application allows users of iPhone to download and upload documents from and to DiskStation.
● Extending multimedia enjoyment - Download Station not only supports searching of desired files and RSS feeds, but also allows users to preview and select files at BT startup. Audio Station showcases an equalizer, a mini player, personal playlists and editable ID3 Tags. Furthermore, Photo Station allows every account user to host his or her own photo album and blog and supports sharing of photos to facebook, twitter, and PlurkTM.
● Boosting surveillance intelligence - Surveillance Station 5 can be operated on Internet Explorer®, Firefox® and Chrome®. The Smart Search feature allows users to detect any motions, missing and foreign objects, camera occlusion as well as focus lost, and adjust image quality for detailed viewing.
The official release of DSM 3.1 additionally offers DSM auto update option and more UPS support.
For all details on the new DSM 3.1, please visit
The Synology DSM 3.1 is free to download for users who own a DiskStation x07 series and onward. The supported models are:
DS1511+, RS411, DS411+, DS411j, DS211+, DS211, DS211j, DS111, DS411slim, DS1010+, RS810+, RS810RP+, DS410, DS410j, DS710+, DS210+, DS210j, DS110+, DS110j, DS509+, RS409+, RS409RP+, RS409, DS409+, DS409, DS209+II, DS209+, DS209, DS209j, DS109+, DS109, DS109j, DS409slim, RS408, RS408-RP, DS508, DS408, DS108j, RS407, CS407, CS407e, DS207+, DS207, DS107+, DS107, and DS107e
The download is available at http://www.synology.com/support/download
The live demo site is available at http://www.synology.com/products/dsm_livedemo
Synology at a Glance
Synology creates network attached storage and IP surveillance solutions that transform the way users manage data and conduct surveillance in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, and implement professional surveillance solutions in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.