iSCSI - Your Virtual Storage Solution
For any growing business, optimizing limited IT resources is a must. With iSCSI as a virtual storage solution from Synology, growing businesses save time and money.
iSCSI with a Synology Network Attached Storage
- Easy to Setup and Automate: Add more storage easily
- Remote Backup: Backup to another location outside the office.
- Customizable: Allocate storage how you need it
- Affordable Solution: Integrates into your existing network
- Value: Get more for your money with Synology solutions right "out of the box"
- Support: Easy walkthroughs and help on the Synology Wiki
Storage virtualization has been recently gaining popularity because of its increasing availability to the SMB market. Virtualized storage, or pooling of storage resources, is designed to hide the complexities of these combinations from the end user. The end user sees only a single storage point, when in fact, it may be spread across multiple physical drives. This allows for expanding the storage pool on the fly as needs change.
For small and medium-sized businesses, the ability to virtualize storage saves time and money; optimizing limited IT resources by allowing for centralized management.
The inclusion of iSCSI (using longstanding SCSI standards over IP) support in the DiskStation Manager greatly simplifies the use of this once enterprise-only technology. It is now possible for SMBs take advantage of iSCSI with minimal configuration.