Time Machine Support in Synology DiskStations
Benefits of Time Machine Compatibility with Synology
- Seamless Integration with Mac OSx 10.6 and above
- Simple Setup
- Automatic and Scheduled Backup
- Peace of Mind
- Value: Get More for Your Money with Synology Solutions
With integrated Time Machine support in DiskStation Manager, Mac users are able to point Time Machine to their Synology DiskStation as a backup target. Time Machine options and preferences are still configurable and your data can be secured from disk failure with a RAID configuration on a Synology DiskStation. Rest easy knowing your data is automatically backed up and accessible using Time Machine with your DiskStation.
How to Setup Time Machine with Synology DiskStations
1. Login to your Synology DiskStation.
2. Go to "File Sharing --> Win/Mac OS" from the Management page.
3. Enable Apple Talk and select a shared folder for storing backups.
4. Launch Time Machine.
5. Click Choose Backup Disk and select your Synology DiskStation as the target server. Then click Use for Backup/
6. Time Machine will begin to backup data from your Mac.
Details on Synology Backup Solutions Click Here