What can I do when I get Error "Failed to format disk" when processing formatting data partition during setup?
Please follow the steps below to solve this problem:
- Turn off the Synology Product.
- Remove the internal hard drive from Synology Product, and then connect it to PC. (PC should be set to a fixed IP.)
- Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
- Go to Disk Management, and then right click the hard drive you just connected.
- Select Delete Partition to clear all partitions on the hard drive.
- Install the hard drive to the Synology Product again.
- Use a network cable to connect the Synology Product and PC directly.
- Run Synology Assistant to re-install the Synology Product.