How do I install third party PHP applications on my Synology DiskStation?
Synology Web Station’s built-in support of PHP and MySQL allows users to install a variety of third party applications. To see the list of third party applications that have been tested compatible, please go to http://www.synology.com/support/3rd_party.php. To install the applications, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the “Main Menu > Control Panel > Web Services > Web Applications” page under management UI, and check Enable Web Station. The system will automatically create a default “web” shared folder.
- If the application requires a database:
- Go to the “Main Menu > Control Panel > Web Services > Web Applications” page under management UI, and check Enable MySQL.
- Download phpMyAdmin and decompress the file into a folder. Upload the folder to the "web" shared folder.
- Create a database. For more details on how to set up phpMyAdmin, please refer to http://www.phpmyadmin.net/.
- Download the third party application from its official website and decompress the file into a folder.
- Upload the folder containing the application to the "web" shared folder.
- For details on how to set up each third party applications, please refer to the official website of the particular application.