Synology Five-Year Warranty Program
This Synology Five-Year Warranty Program document amends the Synology Inc. Limited Product Warranty (“Warranty”) executed between Synology America Corp. (“Synology”) and the Customer (as defined in Section 1, subsection “e” of the Warranty) as follows:
1. The following replaces Section 1, subsection “h” of the “Definitions” in its entirety
- This Warranty Program may be used only if it is purchased within ninety (90) days after the Selected Product is purchased by the Customer.
- The Synology Five-Year Warranty Program is available only for non-refurbished products released and purchased within the 50 States of the United States of America, and Washington DC, United States of America.
- Upon Synology’s confirmation that the Customer has purchased the Selected Product, the Warranty Period is defined as the five-year period following the purchase date of the Selected Product.
- Selected Products include
- 2013 Series
- 2012 Series
- 2011 Series
- 2013 Series
- Any other Synology Products not listed above do not qualify for the Synology Five-Year Warranty Program.
- The Synology Five-Year Warranty Program cannot be pro-rated, refunded, or transferred.
2. The following replaces Section 2.5, “Replacement by Synology,” in its entirety:
- If Synology elects to replace any nonconforming Product pursuant to Section 2.1 of this Warranty Program, if the Product is available, Synology will advance ship a replacement Product at Synology’s expense via Next Business Day shipping. However, if the replacement Product is not in Synology’s inventory or otherwise not immediately available, Synology will use its best efforts to promptly obtain a replacement Product and ship the Product as soon as it is available. Synology is not liable for delays in delivery and/or non-delivery in the event of an Act of God, action by any government or quasi-governmental entity, fire, flood, insurrection, riot, explosion, embargo, strikes whether legal or illegal, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, or any condition beyond the control of Synology.
- If the service request is placed after 2pm Pacific Time, the Replacement Product will be shipped out on the following business day.
- Replacement Product will be new or serviceably used, comparable in function and performance to the original Product and warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or thirty (30) days after it is delivered to Customer, whichever period is longer.
- Selected Products may have Field Replaceable Units (FRUs) which the Customer can replace if it is determined by Synology America Corp. that a replacement FRU will correct the nonconforming product.
- FRUs may include, but are not limited to: Power Supply Unit, Hard Disk Tray, Data Cables, and Exhaust Fans.
- After Synology has shipped two replacement Products (or FRUs) in response to a single Warranty claim incident, Synology reserves the right to conduct remote problem determination and/or remote diagnostics before providing another replacement Product. If remote problem determination and/or diagnostics demonstrate that the problem is due to failures or defects unrelated to the Product, Synology reserves the right to deny any further replacement Products (or FRUs).
- The Customer, unless otherwise directed by Synology America Corp., will be responsible for returning the nonconforming Product (or FRU) to Synology America Corp. within ten (10) business days of receipt of Replacement Product (or FRU).
- The nonconforming Product (or FRU) can be placed in the shipping container that was originally used by Synology America Corp. to send out the replacement Product (or FRU).
- A pre-paid freight label will be provided by Synology America Corp.
- If Synology America Corp. does not receive the nonconforming Product (or FRU) from the Customer after ten (10) business days, Customer acknowledges that he or she will be billed for the Current List Price of the Replacement Product (or FRU).