Release Note for Video Station
About This Package:
Video Station is an ideal video organizer of your collection of movies, TV shows, and home movies. It searches for video information from the Internet automatically and streams videos to your iPad or iPhone. You can also stream or record digital TV programs with a USB DTV dongle plugged into your DiskStation.
- Enhanced the capability of video transcoding type 2 on DS109+, DS110+, DS209+, DS209+II, DS210+, DS409+, DS410, DS509+, RS409+, RS409RP+.
- Added an option to disable DTV function in Video Station allowing it to run with other 3rd party packages at the same time.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Enhanced DTV functionality to support multiple DTV tuners, such as HD HomeRun (DVB-T), so that multiple channels can be watched and recorded simultaneously. See the list below for newly supported DVB-T sticks.
- Provides a new video player on Windows and Mac thats supports playing transcoded video streams (with specific hardware requirements) with Flash plugin and the playback quality can be adjusted based on your network environment.
- Supports streaming videos to Apple TV via AirPlay (Requires DSM 4.2).
- Supports playing videos to your computer or Apple TV with audio track selection (with specific hardware requirements).
- Supports streaming videos to DLNA players.
* This is an experimental feature. The compatibility may not be guaranteed due to different configurations implemented by TV manufacturers.
- Supports Microsoft Smooth Streaming for DS video on Windows phone.
- Added a folder view to display folder structure as it is and browse more easily.
- Supports displaying embedded SRT subtitles when streaming videos to your computer.
- Supports displaying DTV signal strength while the tuner is streaming or recording.
- Added language preference selection when searching for video information on the Internet.
- Besides the pre-defined watchlist and favorite, you can now create custom collections.
- Added a feature to resume watching movies from the point you left off and list recently watched movies.
- DS video for Android and Windows Phone (Coming Soon): DS video allows you to stream your Video Station library on your DiskStation to your mobile device. It also sorts your video contents by movies, TV shows, Home videos as well as recorded programs to make browsing your library all the more convenient.
- Improved the accuracy of DVB-T channels scanning in European countries.
- Improved the compatibility of 6.1-channel MKV video streaming to iPhone/iPad.
- Other fixes.
- Catalogue your movie collection in no time! Video Station can automatically recognize movies and TV shows, automatically filling in all the necessary detail by connecting to an Internet database.
- Browse all movies/TV shows in your collection starring the same actor, directed by the same producer, or made in the same year in just a few clicks!
- Store your home made videos on Video Station and keep them organized.
- Select any folders to be indexed for movies, TV shows and home videos respectively.
- Easily add videos to your personal favorite and watch list.
- Watch live stream or recorded TV programs by simply plugging a USB DTV tuner into the Synology NAS. For the supported DVB-T dongles, please refer to the list here.
- Scheduled TV program recording is available for your convenience.