Release Notes for Synology Assistant
Synology Assistant is a desktop utility that searches for Synology DiskStations in the local area network. It helps you set up and install DSM on your DiskStation, connect to network or multi-functional printers shared by your DiskStation, setup Wake on LAN (WOL), or view monitored resources of your DiskStation.
- DSM 2.3 or onwards is required.
- Available on the following operating systems:
- Windows XP or later
- Mac OS 10.5 or later
- Bug Fixes.
- You can now set up network printers connected to DiskStation on a Windows PC.
- Upgraded to support Synology RS10613xs+.
- Improved the compatibility with DNG files created by Adobe Lightroom 4.1 when you're using Photo Uploader.
- Improved the speed of uploading photos to Photo Station.
- Improved the compatibility of Mac OS X 10.8.
- Fixed an issue where you may not convert .mts video files with Photo Uploader.
- Added the feature to monitor the file system check progress.
- Fixed an issue that modified date of uploaded photos was unexpectedly changed.
- Now you will have the option to create the Synology Hybrid RAID volume at the first-time DSM installation on your new DiskStation.
- Now you will have better quality of converted videos when uploading them to Photo Station.
- Background mode is now supported to allow you to easily manage the connection status of your multifunction printer.
- (18008) Keep and update the sorted list for DiskStations after refreshing or restarting Synology Assistant.
- Function tab customization is added to allow users to set up the default function tabs at startup.
- Improved UI allows users to switch functions between tabs.
- (14296) Fixed the issue of Photo Uploader converting video files in Windows.
- (14098) Enhanced Photo Uploader AVI converting in Synology Assistant on Mac and Linux.
- Photo Uploader: Photo Uploader utility allows uploading photos and videos to the DiskStation which photo thumbnails and H.264 films pre-generated with the client computer.
- Wake on LAN*: A Wake on LAN utility allows remotely turning on the DiskStation over the local area network by entering the device MAC address.
* Wake on LAN is supported on Synology DS1010+ and DS710+ only.
- Linux Version Support: Linux version Synology Assistant is now available.
- Resource Monitor: CPU usage, memory usage, network flow and volume usage are displayed on an organized panel for easy access without login into management UI. Monitoring multiple DiskStations is also allowed.
- Batch DiskStation Installation: Installing firmware for multiple un-configured DiskStations on a batch basis is now available.
- UI Enhancements:
- Resizable window: The application window is now resizable to fit user's preference.
- Search progress bar: A search progress bar is now shown at the bottom of the application window.
- Sort-able attributes: DiskStations listed are now able to be sorted by different attributes such as server name or IP address.
- Preferences: The Preferences page allows you to change the application display language, set the start page and enable memory test function.
- OS Support:
- Windows 2000 onward
- Mac OS X 10.3 onward
- Linux Ubuntu 8, 9