Responsive & Trustworthy, Ready for Mission Critical Tasks
Synology RackStation RS3413xs+ provides the reliable, superior-performance network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications. Scalable up to 136 TB, Synology RackStation RS3413xs+ simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS3413xs+ is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
RS3413xs+ delivers superior performance at over 2,000 MB/sec throughput and 400,000 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration with link aggregation1. Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read-optimized SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, RS3413xs+ supports dual 10GbE with the add-on PCI Express x8 Gen2 Network Interface Card for maximized bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system.
Equipped with 8GB RAM and up to 32GB ECC RAM expansion support, RS3413xs+ ensures data accuracy as well as superior performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS3413xs+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.
- Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business.
- Redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
- ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission.
With up to 136 TB of total storage capacity2, RS3413xs+ is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly.
RS3413xs+ supports up to 34 SATA, or SSD drives for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes. When the storage capacity of RS3413xs+ nears it limit, expansion is easily accomplished with Synology RX1211 via an InfiniBand® cable that carries 12 Gb/s SATA signal to maximize data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units.
Management of the large storage space on RS3413xs+ is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without any service disruption.
Unified Storage System
By integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system, RS3413xs+ enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership:
- Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) ensures seamless file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® platforms.
- Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays.
- Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximizes storage utilization by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed.
RS3413xs+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix®, and Hyper-V®. VMware vSphere® 5 and VAAI integration certified, RS3413xs+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, RS3413xs+ enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3413xs+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3413xs+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance.
1. Tested with dual 10 GbE connections using Link Aggregation and fully loaded with Kingston SVP100S2 64GB 2.5” SSD. Performance may vary depending on the environment.
2. RS3413xs+ supports up to two Synology RX1211/RX1211RP, purchased separately.